forum

[Archived] [Bug] OverlayPosition forced without beatmap skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
encryptik
Couldn't find a thread on this, hopefully it hasn't been reported already.

Rarely come across this problem, but some beatmaps include 'OverlayPosition: Below' in the .osu file (Presumably for the beatmap specific skin.)
This causes problems with some skins, even if the ignore beatmap skin option is checked. Sliders end up looking something like this with the incorrect overlay position being applied.

Just to confirm, did some testing and removing 'OverlayPosition: Below' from the .osu file does fix the problem, but obviously unranks the map.

osu! version: 20150220cuttingedge
Fatal3ty
I see that ONE OK ROCK - Answer is Near (Insane?) has to always a Hitcircle error! The trample on all skin, the slider ends without circle. Error has occurred only in single beatmap.

I get the error even when I take the skin in the slider end has no Hitcircle. Normal Skin with Hitcircle at the slider ends has a no error. :)
Deimos
bump
Arnold0
I made a version of my skin working like this (With hitoverlay-0.png used as full hitcircle) just to test how it feel to play like this, so I could test this and :

Confirm.
Fatal3ty
It is a known problem with this map. In Beatmap somewhere lies a skin.ini that are faulty, so will hitcircleoverlay-0 is not displayed correctly. If you Beatmap changes, it is unfortunately unranked. :)