forum

osu!direct: Popup should disappear when clicking "View Threa

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Gens
Yeah, that. When you click a link in osu!, the osu!direct popup appears, and most of the time I click the "View Thread" button. The thing is, the sound preview keeps loading and it plays, and it bothers me when I'm listening to another song. Personally, I don't like the sound preview automatically playing, but instead of requesting a toggle I request this.
Also, if you're going to look at the thread, you'll already have download links and all that in the thread, so the popup becomes kind of useless.

Thoughts?
anonymous_old
I want numbers on the osu!direct panel, like other menus.

But yes, any action on the osu!direct panel should close it.
Card N'FoRcE

strager wrote:

This
Beuchi

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

strager wrote:

This
:D
Topic Starter
Gens

strager wrote:

Well, that kinda wraps it up
peppy
What about when you want to do two actions? I made it this way because all the actions but download are kinda secondary things you would to while downloading.

Maybe if you already have the map it should close, otherwise stay open until you click download?
anonymous_old

peppy wrote:

What about when you want to do two actions? I made it this way because all the actions but download are kinda secondary things you would to while downloading.

Maybe if you already have the map it should close, otherwise stay open until you click download?
Maybe after clicking download, the window disappears (as this request asks for), then you can view thread/etc. by clicking the download item in the osu!direct panel?

Your idea seems good enough but there's something quirky and I can't quite identify what it is...
peppy
It already does disappear when you click download.
Zekira
How about stopping the preview when any action is made instead? IMO that's the part that's kinda annoying.
Matma Rex
What peppy said.

Actually, I would even want it to stay after clicking Download.
Derekku

Zekira wrote:

How about stopping the preview when any action is made instead? IMO that's the part that's kinda annoying.
Completely agreed. Yes, we like to hear the preview, but I think that most of us can agree that it should stop when clicking an option.