posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Metroid

Dusty wrote:

I went over my stuff again.

[Opposing Force]
I did a lot of stupid things like terrible stacks around 01:48:630 (1,2,3,4,1)ish.

Fixed version. Some notes are snapped to 1/3.
[attachment=0:c807f]Wiklund - The Digital Force (Metroid) [Opposing Force].osu[/attachment:c807f]

[Mega Force]
Check AIMod - Resnap all notes

[Magnetic Force]
Resnap all notes

Updated and the notes in my difficulties are snapped to a 1/4 divisor...
Dusty
Yes, but they're not snapped correctly. Magnetic Force, especially, has unsnapped notes nowhere near where I put 1/3 snap.
Topic Starter
Metroid
Thanks for showing me... I Have NO clue how that happened...
Gens
[General]
  1. Oh, yes, you'll obviously need an easier difficulty, but hey I might be able to do one for you...
  2. IMO MP3 should be cut, but... redoing the SB with a new offset will be a lot of pain to do. So I'm guessing you won't do it.
[Opposing Force]
  1. Some stuff is kinda confusing, for example 01:48:630 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1). I don't know if this is really serious, but I'd like it to be more clear.
  2. Also, I'm not very fond of the slow slider velocity used.
[Heavy Force]

02:24:068 - This section must go in 1/3! The same should apply to the previous section.

[Magnetic Force]

01:10:568 (1) - Maybe storyboard a warning for this slider? I don't like 2x'd sliders...

[Mega Force]

02:24:068 - This section must go in 1/3! The same should apply to the previous section.

~ ~ ~

Yeah, the map itself is fine, just those little things.
Dusty

Gens wrote:

Some stuff is kinda confusing, for example 01:48:630 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1). I don't know if this is really serious, but I'd like it to be more clear.
You're right, it sucks. I'll go fix that.
Along with 02:26:943 (1,2,1,2) and 02:37:568 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4).

Gens wrote:

Also, I'm not very fond of the slow slider velocity used.
If someone makes an easier diff I might up it to 1.2-1.4
Zekira
Offset: 12055 (-13 from current)

[General]
Definitely needs an easier difficulty.

[Opposing Force]
00:12:067 (1,2,3,4) - Suggestion: N-Whistle-N-Whistle hitsound pattern?
00:15:068 (1) - Suggestion: whistle on tail?
00:16:568 (2) - imitate the hitsound of 1?
00:18:068 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - clusterfuck in the middle aaaaaaaaaaaah
01:10:568 (1,2,3,4) - the freaking hell jumps? This is making me think it's actually a Hard-Normal. Definitely needs an easier diff. >_>
Argh, unfortuantely I can't mod this diff. any further :|

[Heavy Force]
00:58:568 (1,2,3,4,1) - kinda confusing seeing how the back-and-forth blends in with the slider
01:10:568 (1,2) - err, warning?
01:43:005 (2) - New Combo plz
01:44:505 (2) - ^
02:47:130 (4) - somehow blended in with the background lol

[Magnetic Force]
Some of the finish spams sound a bit noisy :\
00:38:130 (7) - I can't help but notice how it's too close to 5.
01:07:849 (3) - sorry but way too confusing seeing as how there was a stack here before.
01:10:568 (1) - err, warning?

Hm... I'm getting a bit tired and can't mod Mega Force for shizz :| The mapping style's getting to me.
EDIT: Actually, I deleted the skin and the map looked much neater lol... Yeah, I'm a bit blargh-ed by the skin. Get the opinion from others on this... I'm starring this, but very reluctantly.
Dusty
[General]
03:43:555 using Zekira's timing - End Kiai so you don't have fireworks on the main menu during quiet sections? (if you change it don't kudosu)

Zekira wrote:

[Opposing Force]
00:12:067 (1,2,3,4) - Suggestion: N-Whistle-N-Whistle hitsound pattern?
00:15:068 (1) - Suggestion: whistle on tail?
00:16:568 (2) - imitate the hitsound of 1?
Changed, added the same patterns to some other place I forgot where it is

Zekira wrote:

00:18:068 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - clusterfuck in the middle aaaaaaaaaaaah
Yeah, that was bad, too. Changed hopefully to something better

Zekira wrote:

01:10:568 (1,2,3,4) - the freaking hell jumps? This is making me think it's actually a Hard-Normal. Definitely needs an easier diff. >_>
Argh, unfortuantely I can't mod this diff. any further
These jumps deleted, rest of difficulty also got defanged.

Maybe I should remap and make an actual Normal diff if this one's still too hard

Anyways, timing changed, Zekira's modding, Gens's modding, other weird patterns changed to different weird patterns

EDIT: fixed screwed up quote tags
EDIT2: oops uploaded wrong thing
EDIT3: FUCK why did the star ranking go up when I made the diff easier?sakshf

Download: Wiklund - The Digital Force (Metroid) [Opposing Force].osu
Topic Starter
Metroid
ALL updated. Thank you.

Also, that thing in Magnetic Force about it being confusing because a stack is there.... Learn to read better.. technically M Magnetic Force should be the hardest... Just like how Oni in maid of Fire is the hardest yet it's listed as the 2nd hardest.
Dusty
[Mega]
Lower OD by 1?
01:10:555 (1) - Put it above (6)?

[Magnetic]
Lower Drain by 1? (if Mega's OD also goes down then Megnetic gets to be above Mega, but eh.)

[Heavy]
00:49:180 (4,5,1) - What's with this spacing?

Just in case other people start complaining, heres a Easy+/Normal- :)

Also, I updated Opposing Force again because some things didn't snap right and some of the hitsounds were weird.

Download: Wiklund - The Digital Force (Metroid) [Baby Force].osu

Mashley
Lovely. Pubbled~
Xgor
I go mod this later :) but for now, I give you a star for the awsome SB
(Also tiny IRC mod)
mrtn
[weak force]
00:34:555 (1,1) - extend the spinner to this note
01:40:555 (1) - remove this new combo
01:45:055 (1,1) - ^

[opposing force]
00:22:180 (1,2,3) - spacing is pretty big for a 4 star map
02:35:680 (1,1,2) - ^
Dusty
Dusty
Oh, right.

There are 1/3 repeating sliders in [Opposing], I'm going to go delete those and replace them with something else because they suck.

EDIT: Updated. Sorry to make you fix these again.

Download: Wiklund - The Digital Force (Metroid) [Weak Force].osu
whymeman
[Opposing Force]

02:29:867 (16) - This note doesn't even fit to any of beats and can really cause confusion. Consider removing it.

I'll try to mod more later tomorrow as i'm not feeling too well. But one more thing to let you know, would you be able to end the kiai where the map finishes? Since there's nothing really mapped after a certain point for the rest of the song, it would be nice to keep the timeline below looking a bit neater...

.... and back again to check, but that's all that I see.
Dusty
Oh.

I should also change that 16-note long combo, too, because it's a Normal. (duh, how did i miss that :?)

EDIT: Aww, but that note actually follows the music and is spaced properly and everything. :(
I deleted it anyways, though, along with the stupidly long combo.

whymeman
Alright then. Bubbled.
mtmcl
And ranked!
0_o
WHY IS THE 1/3 PART STILL NOT IN 1/3 ;_; it doesn't match the music at all :(
Topic Starter
Metroid
Because I really dunno how to map to 1/3

I made the area fit with using 1/4 sliders.
anonymous_old
LIL' WAYNE SUCKS.
Dusty

Loogiesquared wrote:

THIS MAP SUCKS.
It would help a little if you said why it sucks :?
Mismagius

Loogiesquared wrote:

THIS MAP SUCKS.
LOL

You suck, your maps sucks, your modding sucks, your posts sucks, your LIFE sucks.

Noob.
Ultimate
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Andrea
Stop with this type of comments, please.

Remember this is a game, not a flamewar.

Peace ^_^

Anyways, nice map!
anonymous_old

Gens

Loogiesquared wrote:

Please - Do not call the police.
Do it
CheeseWarlock
I've got half a mind to unrank this for the 1/3 snap thing. :| Other maps have gotten away with it before, but I dunno...
Mogsy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
alvisto

Loogiesquared wrote:

[attachment=0:4625d]SOrry.png[/attachment:4625d]
*off topic* Where did you get this form Loggie ? :D
Topic Starter
Metroid

Mogsworth wrote:

CheeseWarlock wrote:

I've got half a mind to unrank this for the 1/3 snap thing. :| Other maps have gotten away with it before, but I dunno...
I'd say go for it. It sounds egregiously off.
Please don't
I actually like how it is atm, and I really dunno at all how to make a good pattern with 1.3 snap...
Besides, if mark had any issue with that area, he would have posted something about it and popped the bubble instead of ranking it.
m980

You like something, even though it plays horribly, and your "excuse" is pretty much, that you can't be bothered thinking of a good pattern for 1/3.

Wow..

I thought we were avoiding ranking maps that use 1/2 instead of 1/3 (if it's necessary).

If you care about getting your maps ranked more than the quality of the map itself, then go away.
Jarby

Metroid wrote:

Besides, if mark had any issue with that area, he would have posted something about it and popped the bubble instead of ranking it.
He made a mistake. I think we've already established that.
Topic Starter
Metroid
Were any of you even talking about my 3 difficulties from 02:24:055 to 02:29:397
Opposing Force and Weak Force were by Dusty.
the 3 other difficulties which are mine sound fine to me....
Jarby
Magnetic Force and Mega Force are the ones with the problem.
Lybydose
One of the notes is 62ms off from where it should be. The ranking criteria specifically state that your map must be "perfectly timed."

I would hardly call "62ms off" perfectly timed.
CheeseWarlock

Lybydose wrote:

One of the notes is 62ms off from where it should be. The ranking criteria specifically state that your map must be "perfectly timed."

Do you mean because of the 1/3 issue, or is something actually unsnapped?

Though I think either deserves a derank.
mtmcl
Look at all the "Mark didn't notice this. Mark didn't notice that." Where are all the "whymeman didn't notice this and that." posts? It takes two to tango.

Right?
Kytoxid
I don't think we should put the blame on anyone. =/ Best solution is to quickly unrank, fix, and rerank it.
Lybydose

CheeseWarlock wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

Do you mean because of the 1/3 issue, or is something actually unsnapped?

Though I think either deserves a derank.
Because of the 1/3 issue. A note is snapped to a "red tick" where it should be on a purple (or whatever 1/3 tick) that happens to be 62ms different, and it's painfully obvious when you listen to it.

Furthermore, this whole 1/3 thing was mentioned multiple times before this was ranked, and no one bothered to fix it or check it.
show more