forum

Friend Ranking at Graveyarded Maps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +32
Topic Starter
mxy_old_1
It would be a really cool feature, if there would be a friend-only ranking at graveyarded maps, where you can see how your friends played this map. Like at Cheatreal. If you have high-ranked friends in your friendlist you could mess with their scores, and you could battle with them for fun. Also you could compare with their scores. It would be much better, then sending screenshots/replays all the time, but I don't know how much work would be behind this.
Kodora
Non-ranked maps have no scoreboard, that's actually what makes difference between ranked and unranked maps. Sadly if you want to see scores of your friends online map must have scoreboard (= map must be ranked).
Topic Starter
mxy_old_1
@Kodora: That's true, but my idea is, that there will be a scoreboard for unranked maps, where only the local/friend ranking are available.
Yukiteru Amano

mxy wrote:

@Kodora: That's true, but my idea is, that there will be a scoreboard for unranked maps, where only the local/friend ranking are available.
I suggested the exact same idea like 2weeks ago. The request is that you got a leaderboard on unranked/approved maps so you can compare. As long as the don't give PP it should be fine IMO.
encryptik
+4 Stars
Topic Starter
mxy_old_1

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

mxy wrote:

I suggested the exact same idea like 2weeks ago. The request is that you got a leaderboard on unranked/approved maps so you can compare. As long as the don't give PP it should be fine IMO.
You got me, bro. :P This feature would be a really sick one, but we don't know, how much work would be behind this, if it would be added. >_>
Bara-
If I had stars I would support this >.<
But, maybe make it for graveyarded only, since the others can get updated at any time, and good-bye rankings
Doge_old_1
I don't really like this idea because it would somewhat ruin the casual-ness I, and many others, play unranked maps for already - frankly I don't want my score to be submitted even if there's no global ranking, I just want to screw around/practice/have fun. Many unranked maps are unranked because they're unfinished or unplayable (like spro, unless you're rrtyui) or troll (like Knife Party - Centipede) and thus not meant to be scored on. On top of that, unfinished maps can change any second and the rankings would just get reset, making viewing many scores pretty irrelevant.

The amount of unranked/graveyarded maps is also far larger than the amount of ranked maps, so this would increase the space needed to store all these scores by a huge amount, even without replays (you still have to store every score on the map ever in order to view friend ranking). No support from me.
Ayaya
I love this idea!!! I always wondered about this. Like you want to see your friends scores on unranked maps to compare and see how they're improving and you.
Bauxe
Can't see this happening. It would use up so much extra space (since EVERY beatmap would need to store scores, instead of just ranked ones).
Lanturn
Send or recieve a replay. press replay, exit, viola. score saved on local scoreboard

:3
Yukiteru Amano

Lanturn wrote:

Send or recieve a replay. press replay, exit, viola. score saved on local scoreboard

I think you missed the whole point...
Tekklorn
Pretty sure I've seen a thread like this a few days ago but I didn't bother commenting so I'll throw in my opinion now:

IMO this feature would be pretty bad, for this reason:

Doge wrote:

I don't really like this idea because it would somewhat ruin the casual-ness I, and many others, play unranked maps for already - frankly I don't want my score to be submitted even if there's no global ranking, I just want to screw around/practice/have fun. Many unranked maps are unranked because they're unfinished or unplayable (like spro, unless you're rrtyui) or troll (like Knife Party - Centipede) and thus not meant to be scored on. On top of that, unfinished maps can change any second and the rankings would just get reset, making viewing many scores pretty irrelevant.

The amount of unranked/graveyarded maps is also far larger than the amount of ranked maps, so this would increase the space needed to store all these scores by a huge amount, even without replays (you still have to store every score on the map ever in order to view friend ranking). No support from me.
I feel the same, although I'd also like to add that the friends system in osu is a one way thing, meaning it doesn't have to be mutual and so you never actually know who can see your unranked scores (hypothesising that this feature gets implemented). Again, whilst some may argue that unranked scores don't matter and no one will care if you do bad, I still dislike the idea of people being able to see my scores on unranked beatmaps because they're my one way of messing around and not worrying about doing terrible. There is another way of course and that's to play offline but that's a discussion for another time.
buny
usually the whole point of unranked having no scores recorded is because they aren't viable to have scores recorded

also it would take up so much space
Lanturn

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

Lanturn wrote:

I think you missed the whole point...
missed what point? If you want your friends scores or replays, ask for them

this request is pointless due to unranked maps changing every day.
Topic Starter
mxy_old_1
Then I just change the request name to "Friend Ranking at Graveyarded Maps" which would be much better, because they don't get updated anymore.
@Bauxe, it wouldn't use so much space, because it's only the Friend Ranking and not everything.
deadbeat

mxy wrote:

@Bauxe, it wouldn't use so much space, because it's only the Friend Ranking and not everything.
not true, it'll still need to store all the info since you can be friends with anyone. it won't use much space on the user end, but server end it'll still need to hold all the data. just like a ranked map, but without the replay to go with it
Topic Starter
mxy_old_1

deadbeat wrote:

mxy wrote:

not true, it'll still need to store all the info since you can be friends with anyone. it won't use much space on the user end, but server end it'll still need to hold all the data. just like a ranked map, but without the replay to go with it
Oh, okay.. >_> That's not good at all, because I think the servers of osu! are enough at work.