forum

[taiko] Make HD+HR playable

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
darkmiz
Currently taiko HD+HR is impossible to read, please make the notes visually readable.

Here's one suggestion: make then notes appear and fade without moving (same as osu! standard behavior).
Trash Boat
its not that hard, theres a pattern in each Taiko map. you just have to memorize it. i think thats called AR reading
karterfreak
Actually even as a higher skilled(?) taiko player, I find HD+HR to be pretty much impossible to play reliably at all. If you can play HD+HR, you might as well add FL onto HD+HR as well as it becomes pretty much impossible to read beyond 150bpm, and IS impossible to read beyond 200bpm with regular SV.
MMzz
It would just be slightly faster HD. I don't see the point other than giving players new mods to showboat.
OnosakiHito
As much as I like HD+HR I have to say that I can't support this. Slower BPM maps would be easier readable which would mean, that the HD mod it-self would lose its "hard factor".
HR+high BPM > HR+low BPM
HD+low BPM > HD+high BPM -change-> HD+low BPM ≈ HD+high BPM

Also let me remind you that HD+HR isn't impossible. You just can't play it on really fast songs, which case is equal to the HR mod itself.

@Tasha: That's not true. I'm able to read 170 BPM maps without memorizing it, depending of the level of a map.
Nashmun
But you're playing in a widescreen resolution. At least fix the mode for regular 4:3 players
XK2238

Nashmun wrote:

But you're playing in a widescreen resolution. At least fix the mode for regular 4:3 players
this.

How about you halve the visible area of the regular HD instead of thinning it down to half a note? That's already challenging enough imo, especially (yes, especially) in 200/210+, considering that HR quickens the SV altogether...
Trash Boat
use the lines. if a don/katsu comes within a line, hit it at that time and keep going with the rest
buny
this probably won't be changed because it would be unfair to players that got scores on the current hdhr
Luna

buny wrote:

this probably won't be changed because it would be unfair to players that got scores on the current hdhr
You realize that like 99.9% of HDHR scores right now are cheated by using a double screen setup? There's only like 2 or 3 players out there who actually play it legitimately.
And Trash Boat's comments give me the impression that he's never even played HRHD on anything remotely challenging.
Yuzeyun

Luna wrote:

There's only like 2 or 3 players out there who actually play it legitimately.
hi

Also,
What Nashmun said is pretty much what should be fixed, at least. in 4:3 resolutions you barely see half a note in HRHD, whereas you see a full note in 16:9.
instead of working in percentages, it should works in pixels relative to the end.
Trash Boat

Luna wrote:

And Trash Boat's comments give me the impression that he's never even played HRHD on anything remotely challenging.
just once
deadbeat

Trash Boat wrote:

Luna wrote:

just once
i haven't tried playing with HRHD, but i did watch auto and it's pretty insane. would be nice if something could be done about it