forum

[Archived] HP doesn't always drain when testing a map in the editor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rezoons
Problem Details:
This is a minor bug.
HP always decrease with the time: it's the HP drain. Nethertheless, for some reason in the editor when you test a map, depending on where you start testing it, HP may not being drain at all. I posted a video showing this:
First time, the HP drain normally (and for some reason i start without a full health, i guess it's another bug) but when i test the map again but starting from another point a few seconds after the HP doesn't drain.

And it's not specific to this map, it also works for other map.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20131216.26 (latest)
sheela
It does indeed.
TheVileOne
Indeed.

I will investigate why this happens.
Garven
From what I've seen, it will drain fine until you go beyond the first break time. Once you play test after the first break in any area that is not a break, it stops draining. So if you start a play test during a break period, HP drain continues to work regardless of position, but if play test occurs during the warning arrow display or in the middle of viable gameplay area HP drain stops working.
MillhioreF
I can't replicate this, no matter where I start (immediately before/during/after break ends.) Are there very specific conditions for when you can start playtesting?
Garven
Had a quick chat with Mill, and it seems to depend on the map, or some factor that we can't figure out. It just felt like it was every map that I modded that did that, haha.
Topic Starter
rezoons
Well, i try some other testing on my side and i agree that this bug happened only after the first break of the map. And this bug actually appears nearly all the time for me. For exemple i triggered the bug on http://osu.ppy.sh/b/199304 at 03:49:349 (it's easy to see on this map thanks to the big gap at this place). But from the test i also discovered that sometimes the HP actually start to 0 and increase progressively when testing th map somewhere at the middle of the song. It seems the game think that it's at the start of the map. It's another bug which sometimes happened instead of the one where HP doesn't drain. But i have no idea where it comes from. Nor why it never trigger for MillhiroeF.