forum

Seperation of specific mode difficulties.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DJNightmare
This might be alittle logical to think, but i think this game really requires it as more beatmaps are made, more and more difficulties are added and with another new mode, it might get a little messy if i would say. Also, i acknowledge of the sorting of maps above the red tabs during selecting the song, but the buttons seems insignificant and this gives people a better picture of what is their current situation. It is up to you do decide whether you would like to change the feature.

Despite labelling difficulties that are specific to certain game modes with a icon on the top-left corner of the panel of each song, but although it might be stated, people might want to list out only specific game modes which actually can help them in making sure they pass everything, or perhaps to look at our current list to pick out songs for tournaments.

First off, i know people might still like the auto-generation of each individual game mode based on the standard osu! mode, so it would be useful, if your planning to accept my request, to add an option to activate auto-generated maps to be shown. (Perhaps on the Beatmap Options when we are choosing songs)

Next thing, it will be helpful if you were to bring back the game mode choosing screen as it prevents confusion when going to start a game.
For example, when people choose one mode, lets say Taiko, it will stay in that mode regardless of whether you decide to edit maps, or to quit the game. To my experience, i have found it annoying to realize that i chose Taiko on my last play, and wanting to play osu!standard mode until i realize it is still Taiko. Maybe an indication of the mode your playing right now could be shown to the left of the menu, or to bring back the Special Game mode menu. Perhaps merging all the game modes into one play-button on the main menu which brings you to a game mode selection screen. As some people might be used to the changing of modes through the buttons beside the back button, it should be kept if this feature were to be granted.
theowest
I guess this request might be what you want t/121923
hard to tell if it's really a duplicate, please be more general and simple in your requests.
Topic Starter
DJNightmare
:lol:

theowest wrote:

I guess this request might be what you want t/121923
hard to tell if it's really a duplicate, please be more general and simple in your requests.
Okay, ill post a more simple idea related to this topic on your feature request :X