forum

NightcoreMod beats being controlled by "Effect" bar [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
she_old
Whenever I select the Nightcore mod I hear the extra beats on the volume of my hitsound effects.
It is probably very disturbing for people who use a sound setup like this:

I believe the beats are a part of the music not the hitsounds, correct me if I'm wrong.
TheVileOne
Nightcore beats are effects. They should be affected by the effects bar. If you want it muted, well that's your choice.

I'm almost certain this is invalid. I'll wait for a second opinion though.
Marcin
Yeah beats in nightcore are just hitsounds, but without hitobjects, so they should be affected by "effect" bar (Creating one more bar just for that?!)
Topic Starter
she_old
Why would there be effects where we have no control over?
I'm sure the beats were intended as an addition to the music, not something to throw someone off
TheVileOne
Why would that be a tech support issue?

If you would like to request this change, do so in feature request. Adding an extra bar for nightcore is a feature request. I'm sure you're not telling us that you don't want the effects bar to affect the volume of Nightcore mod at all. If your point is that we shouldn't be able to mute either of these options, I have no idea why you're complaining about that.

If you want me to move this thread to feature requests, I can.
Topic Starter
she_old
I never requested anything, I thought it was a bug because the beats are part of the music and NOT the hitsounds.
blissfulyoshi
To note, nightcore mod adds a finish every 4 tall white tick in the editor (editor call it 4 stanzas if I remember correctly). This is how the mod is supposed to work, so mappers do have control over it.

As for a response to the thread, give me some time to think of a proper response.
Topic Starter
she_old

blissfulyoshi wrote:

To note, nightcore mod adds a finish every 4 tall white tick in the editor (editor call it 4 stanzas if I remember correctly). This is how the mod is supposed to work, so mappers do have control over it.

As for a response to the thread, give me some time to think of a proper response.
Take your time.

Also yeah there seems to be more wrong with the nightcore mod, lol.
VoidnOwO

she wrote:

That's how I play, don't touch it.
peppy
I'll change this to use music volume in the next build.
VoidnOwO