forum

Superbus - Radio Song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Puffles
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 5:50:04 PM

Artist: Superbus
Title: Radio Song
BPM: 158
Filesize: 3450kb
Play Time: 02:21
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.71 stars, 164 notes)
  2. Insane (4.71 stars, 274 notes)
Download: Superbus - Radio Song
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Feedback is appreciated!

Update 1: Added a touch of variety to prevent the map from feeling too repeditive. Offsets for all timing sections fixed.
Update 2: Easy mode added! Offset fixed. Spinner at the end of the level starts sooner. Ready to be ranked?
Extor
Ok. I'm only commenting on the insane one.

The timing is excellent, and the beat placement is good too.

My only complain, is the lack of variation on the beatmap. The song is repetitive and you can do like you did with the second part, but instead of only rotating, you can change the hit circles with sliders or something like that.

I give this one a nice star.

*starz*
Topic Starter
Puffles
Hm, I thought it might a little variety to spice things up. I'll work something out.

Thanks for the feedback!
peppy
This *may* be due to a combination of the new test build improvements, but your offset is definitely too early. Try adding 50ms to each of your timing section and see how it feels. If this feels too wrong, feel free to yell at me. We have been doing a lot of testing and adjusting of the way offsets are calculated and what not and what sound right to me will probably be agreed with by all testers... I hope.

Apart from offset, great map. Can't wait to see easier versions to this can get ranked.

Starararoh wait, extor did that. HI EXTOR!!
Topic Starter
Puffles
Peppy, I hate to say it, but on the current public version of osu!, the offset is perfect. Extor seems to agree that the timing is excellent, too.

I've learned to check my offsets very thoroughly as the very first step to making a beatmap. I'm almost certain that it wouldn't be off by as much as 50ms.

EDIT: WTF IT'S OFF?! I just checked it again and it's off by a little... maybe I didn't save it properly? I was SURE I had it perfect... gah, I'll correct it...
awp
I just downloaded this and the version I have seems to be timed perfectly, and is spaced perfectly.

I wouldn't say it's perfect though because it seems a bit too repetitive. Copypasta, if you will. Maybe it was because I was playing Ouendan earlier today, but I'm seeing this beatmap play out on the DS screen, and I see the occasional slider thrown carefully into the note streams. All I can really say for it is, mix it up a bit.
Topic Starter
Puffles
I really don't get what's going on with the offset. It appears to be some kind of illusion... half the time it seems to be timed perfectly, and half the time it seems to be off by about 50ms...
peppy

Puffles wrote:

I really don't get what's going on with the offset. It appears to be some kind of illusion... half the time it seems to be timed perfectly, and half the time it seems to be off by about 50ms...
As I said - the offset calculation has changed in the latest update. Make sure your universal offset is set correctly then calculate again.
Topic Starter
Puffles
I don't think it's the Universal Offset; all my other songs remain perfectly synced, just as before, so I'm assuming my Universal Offset is 0, right?
peppy
You should be checking other people's ranked songs really, not your own. Of course your own offset will always match with your previous songs - its what you've used every time. Test a few other people's maps and see how the timing matches. Also consider checking the options menu to make sure the ticks come close/perfect to matching up.
Topic Starter
Puffles

peppy wrote:

You should be checking other people's ranked songs really, not your own. Of course your own offset will always match with your previous songs - its what you've used every time. Test a few other people's maps and see how the timing matches. Also consider checking the options menu to make sure the ticks come close/perfect to matching up.
If my offset has changed because of a new calculation method, then the maps that I've designed before the change would be effected by the change the same way that maps designed by other people would be, correct?

Btw, the offset option has no setting where I can't hear the two sounds separately, because the sound changes.
peppy

Puffles wrote:

peppy wrote:

If my offset has changed because of a new calculation method, then the maps that I've designed before the change would be effected by the change the same way that maps designed by other people would be, correct?

Btw, the offset option has no setting where I can't hear the two sounds separately, because the sound changes.
It changes every 10 seconds by under 16ms. This is osu!'s minimum accuracy. Find somewhere that works well for you and stick to it.
Topic Starter
Puffles
OK, I fixed up the offset and added an easy mode. Can this be ranked now?
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
chan
Uh, ok, I think I'm in total agreement with awp. Both difficulties are quite repetitive as you've used the same pattern a lot through both songs. I also find the insane difficulty reaaaaaaaally hard due to the distance between beats and the circle size, but easy is too easy for me. The fast sliders with multiple returns might trip up easy players.

No issues with timing/spacing/breaks for me, that seems to be done well.
EiJi
Insane is far too repetitive for me to rank it. It's like a 30 second map, played 10 times in a row. SAME EXACT PATTERN every time, just rotated. Didn't check easy.

The less copy/paste, the better. Trust me. *this is where some mods would unbubble your map*
Topic Starter
Puffles
'Kay, I'll add a little more variety.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.