forum

Pac-Man

posted
Total Posts
show more
peppy
Also - if you want to get ahead you can start skinning the playfield/menu backgrounds.

http://pe.ppy.sh/playfield.png for a template. Make sure you stick to greyscaled - as this gets coloured in-game (subtractive filter).
Extor
About the 3 frame thing. You can always divide the 10 frames and make this:

Make the same frame appear twice. That way you will use less frames.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Extor wrote:

About the 3 frame thing. You can always divide the 10 frames and make this:

Make the same frame appear twice. That way you will use less frames.
Well yeah. That'd just be kind of a waste of frames, though. (Read: I like how it looks now ;) )
peppy
I'll change the way frames are read so it will only display how many are present in the animation loop (with a maximum of 10). This way you could increase the frame count to 5 or something.
chan
At first I was all like "I don't really care about skins" but after I tried this out, man, was I impressed. Great idea and well implemented, love everything about it. Kudos to you!

Edit: actually I'd prefer some sort of indication that a return slider is a return slider. At the moment, the cherry just seems like the end of the slider, and I miss a lot of returns because of this, especially fast sliders. Well, that's how I feel anyways
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

chan wrote:

Edit: actually I'd prefer some sort of indication that a return slider is a return slider. At the moment, the cherry just seems like the end of the slider, and I miss a lot of returns because of this, especially fast sliders. Well, that's how I feel anyways
Does anyone else have that issue? I don't, but it could just be because I made the skin. It's my opinion that the cherry is noticeable enough that it's just a matter of committing to memory the fact that cherry=reverse.

If other people are having trouble with it, though, I could try tweaking it into something more arrow-looking, but I have to say I'm fond of it as it is.
peppy
Works for me as-is!
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
This is the final version. Please upload it before the next time Osu! updates... the updater keeps overwriting my folder with the older version. It's nice that the skins are updated automatically, but it'd probably be good if it were optional, for cases like ... well, mostly me :P

Also, I added the entries you mentioned to the skin.ini, but nothing changed. I'm guessing that the feature just hasn't been added to the released build, but hopefully the skin will look right when it is.

I've also added a background.

Download: pacman.rar
peppy
Sorry about that... I thought I included the changes in this build tonight, but... I didn't test at all! You should join the testing crew and help with the skinning side of things - it would be a great help ;)
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
I could probably do that. What would it entail, that I don't already do? :D
Fraeon

LuigiHann wrote:

I could probably do that. What would it entail, that I don't already do? :D
I hear the guys on IRC get the latest stuff, the hottest chicks and the fastest cars. :shock:
jsticker
I heard they also get the biggest piece of meat, a brand new TV and I also suggested to peppy that the big pink osu! button in the main menu should direct the player to the song list as soon as he clicks on the big pink button, and peppy made it for me. That's what it's about. irC, spelled with a big 'c' for 'cool'.
Kylecito
i heard irc is gay and so all are of you OH SNAP
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
... and this one, too, is updated.

Download: Pacman1.3.rar
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Guess whaaaaaaaat?

Wokka-wokka-wokka-wokka

Plus some minor graphic fixes that no one but me will ever notice...

Download: Pacmansounds.rar
K-S-O
I just tried the Pac-Man skin and it is pretty awesome! Probably the best one I've seen of all the skins so far!

I would like Pac-Man sounds for the spinners though.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
I tried a few different things for the spinners, but couldn't come up with anything that didn't hurt my brain.
K-S-O
I tried copying the "sliderslide" and "hitfinish" sounds into the "spinnerspin" and "spinnerbonus" sounds respectively. They seem to work okay.
gusals1212
good
Behon

gusals1212 wrote:

good
Ugh, go away.
mm201
Epic bump
I never knew this existed, and lol'd.
ilu LH