forum

What if you can put some notes on a map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neizers
I've been thinking that yesterday, but do you think that is a good idea to put some notes for yourself on some beatmaps? Like ''I want to do this difficulty after [put another beatmap]'' or ''Training difficulty'' ...
I just wondering if it's a good feature, but don't forget that is just for yourself ! The notes cannot be seen by others !
epic man 2
So basically, making our own difficulties on someone else's map..?

That's something called "Guest Difficulties", where it is a collab between someone who mapped some difficulties of the map while the other mapped some other difficulties of said map.... Yeah.
- Marco -
As epic man 2 said, Guest Difficulties is already a thing, just send the difficulty file (.osu) or the whole .osk to the Host (the creator of the Map)

If you just want to make a diff to train some parts just create a new difficulty (File, Save as new difficulty) and then delete the notes before and after the part you want to train.
JBHyperion
OP sounds more like personal notes for the user to remember later, rather than physical "notes" reflecting objects in a beatmap.

For this you can create "Collections" from the song select screen. Simply right click on a difficulty card and select "Manage Collections". From here, you can click on the "Create a new collection here..." box at the top, give it a name such as "Jump Training", "FC with Hidden", or "Songs I want to map", and then click the green "+" to add that difficulty to the Collection you just made.

"+Set" will add all difficulties in that beatmapset to the collection
"-" and "-Set" remove selected difficulties / beatmapsets respectively

To view your collections later, hit the "Collections" tab in the centre-top of the song select screen.