forum

osu! Progression Based Levels

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ f u m e s ]
I've been off and on this game for a bit now, and each time I come back, I find myself getting slightly bored of the same routine game-play of map to map and nothing else. Now I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but I had an idea:

What if there was a mode where you played back to back maps and only progressed to the next map by doing so well on it? Almost like a story based mode with boss fights, cut scenes, et cetera. Something to get you thinking or your imagination going. I would personally be spending more time in that mode than Multi-player or Single-player. I think I would find myself more captivated in the game depending on the story as well, possibly even playing more rather than just switching games when I get bored.
Lay
If im understanding this concept correctly, while it sounds super awesome.. There have been similar (more fleshed out) proposals that have been denied for ideas roughly similar or even identical to this one, some dating back as far as 12yrs ago.

Was rumoured back around 9yrs ago that something like this may be coming to the game, but for now have you ever seen https://play.osustuff.org/? Essentially, a multiplayer survival experience where you progress down maps and compete. Not entirely what you described, but if you're unfamiliar, something to look into