forum

I've developed the most weird problem one could ever have

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Geromu Keretem
So, okay, TL;DR, I cant FC a map.

I play fun maps and songs that I enjoy and hard maps to improve and I am improving, but i've developed extremely annoying and uncontrollable behavior. Every single time I try to farm something to gain some pp and get near the end of the map I feel the insane urge to look away from the screen and I cant control it, I simply look away from the screen and miss the notes and sometimes fail the map. Its like the urge to pop your fingers and back and other joints in your body, you get relief from it, but I cant control it, it just happens.

This never happens when I play to improve and for fun. Once I try to gain some ranks to justify my improvement this happens, always, since August. I have 0 FCs for 4 straight months with daily play of osu of at least 100 maps a day. I am improving, but I cant FC even the simplest of maps.
lifeline
Maybe this is a result of nerves? Im not sure but that has something to do with pp farming which usually results in being nervous since it only happens when you try to farm
xenal
lonkor
before the 4 months you played(from september to now), you didn't really play osu for like half a year. that's a really long break.

also looking at your playcount, you had 930 plays in the month of september and only half of that the next month and your playcount decreased even more after that. i think you need to play more to recover from a half-year long break at your skill level. bad habits go away with practice.
dung eater
fc easier maps
Topic Starter
Geromu Keretem
No, I am not getting nervous, I just get the massive urge to look away from the screen and I miss because Im no longer looking at the screen. Im not getting nervous anymore because the maps I play have become really easy for me to play but I never FC them because my body wants and does look away from the screen.
dung eater
not paying attention to it might help. don't get worked up by it, let it go. try zen meditation/awareness shit.
Arctos Sagittario
I used to have a similar problem before I went afk. The difference is that I play hard maps that I can barely pass, or just getting c or b on maps overall. It must be a very distinct memory of pushing for a good fc because I do find it hard to recall…

Not that I afk because I can’t fc anything.

So, I could only suggest you to develop a fresh mindset that you’re doing something completely different. Then go for some very basic maps, get a couple of fcs, most importantly to get comfortable of how it feels to fc. Then gradually increase the difficulty to where you feel challenged but still not losing the feel to fc.

Sounds like nonsense but may worth trying…
Corisift
Have two monitors with osu on both screens at the same time. Make sure the second screen is positioned exactly where you usually look away. When you look away from your primary monitor, you can continue the map looking at the second one!

Hope this helps

-Sincerely, your best friend
marcelo

Corisift wrote:

Have two monitors with osu on both screens at the same time. Make sure the second screen is positioned exactly where you usually look away. When you look away from your primary monitor, you can continue the map looking at the second one!

Hope this helps

Lol if he has money or if he has another monitor then yeah he can probably do this
im flat

Corisift wrote:

Hope this helps

might be the best solution here