forum

Peppy stole my spinner?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nilsso
So the new Osu!stream game has been out for a whilw now, and I recently checked it out just to see that Peppy stole the spinner. I made it and put it in the game without even asking for my permission. Have a look yourself:

This is the render I made in 2010:

This is what Peppy made in 2011:

My spinner has much more quality too it, because of the quality u wont be able to see the white outlining on my spinner, but its there.
As u can see the render is just oversized, recolored slightly, and added some white blur in the middle.

I tried to message peppy about this on youtube/osu, just to figure out what was up. He responded on youtube by blocking me and no responds on osu via messages.
Thats why Im posting it here.

I did not find out about this before some1 sent me the osu!stream skin that was originally removed from the forum.
Alpha Kitten
You have to read the terms of agreement.
publishing them. In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize osu.ppy.sh to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms of Service
Topic Starter
Nilsso

Alpha Kitten wrote:

You have to read the terms of agreement.
publishing them. In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize osu.ppy.sh to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms of Service
Its just a dick move by Peppy not to even ask me about this. Its just cool that he picked my spinner to use in his new game, but why not just talk to me about it?
Alpha Kitten
he didnt need to ask you...
Ephemeral
Did Xiao also "steal" your spinner, despite having joined two years before you did?

From XiStyle 1.30 (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4833):

Get out of here with your bullshit allegations, you goon.
Topic Starter
Nilsso

Ephemeral wrote:

Did Xiao also "steal" your spinner, despite having joined two years before you did?

I know xiao well, Ive spoken to him about this. He approves that I modified his spinner back in 2010. Peppy still made it of my spinner mr Goon. Check ur facts before u make YOUR bullshit allegations.
those

Nilsso wrote:

I know xiao well, Ive spoken to him about this. He approves that I modified his spinner back in 2010. Peppy still made it of my spinner mr Goon. Check ur facts before u make YOUR bullshit allegations.
If you can modify someone's spinner, anyone can modify someone's spinner. It's not a fact that he took it from your spinner, since he could have taken it from any modification.

Ephemeral wrote:

Ephemeral
I'm not even going to bother elaborating on this further. those has done it well enough.

This is the biggest joke of a thread I have seen in years.

Considering Xiao made the osu!stream skin to begin with (to my knowledge), this pretty much sums it up.
Topic Starter
Nilsso

those wrote:

Nilsso wrote:

If you can modify someone's spinner, anyone can modify someone's spinner. It's not a fact that he took it from your spinner, since he could have taken it from any modification.

Ephemeral wrote:

Its clearly a copy. Admins in here are put in place to protect the interests of this company, of course u are going to try to turn this around and put the blame on me. Im Xiao's friend, what I did was use his spinner as a base to create my own. Because his base is the best out there according to dimensions and much more. Anyway, Peppy clearly copied mine, and u know it. Im not claiming any copyright, all Im saying is he could ask me before creating and releasing it on his new game/arcade machines + w/e more he did with it taking all the credit himself.

Still a dick move.

Ephemeral wrote:

I'm not even going to bother elaborating on this further. those has done it well enough.

This is the biggest joke of a thread I have seen in years.

Considering Xiao made the osu!stream skin to begin with (to my knowledge), this pretty much sums it up.
Peppy said he made it himself when i spoke to him, which I now find even more hilarious. Just blow up the situation by saying its the biggest joke u have seen in years, just to suit and protect Peppy.

This is no joke, these are the facts.
Ephemeral
Theoretically, why would peppy need to steal your skin element when he has the individual who made the element that yours is based from originally working for him on osu!stream?

It makes no sense logically, and you've said it yourself - your spinner is pretty much Xiao's one, just recolored and with a ubiquitous sprite in the center.

You've got no ground to stand on, friend.
Topic Starter
Nilsso

Ephemeral wrote:

Theoretically, why would peppy need to steal your skin element when he has the individual who made the element that yours is based from originally working for him on osu!stream?

It makes no sense logically, and you've said it yourself - your spinner is pretty much Xiao's one, just recolored and with a ubiquitous sprite in the center.

I think u have this the wrong way. Im not claiming any copyrights, im just saying Peppy pretty much made an exact copy of my spinner, sized it up and slammed it into osu!stream. Would be nice of him to ask about it. I doubt he even knows photoshop.

Point being, I made the spinner that he made an exact copy of.
Alpha Kitten

Nilsso wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

I think u have this the wrong way. Im not claiming any copyrights, im just saying Peppy pretty much made an exact copy of my spinner, sized it up and slammed it into osu!stream. Would be nice of him to ask about it. I doubt he even knows photoshop.

Point being, I made the spinner that he made an exact copy of.
you painted the spinner.?
deadbeat

Nilsso wrote:

I doubt he even knows photoshop.
hahahaha. oh wow
Topic Starter
Nilsso

deadbeat wrote:

Nilsso wrote:

I doubt he even knows photoshop.
hahahaha. oh wow
Come on, its just a bit of humor. Of course he knows photoshop.
Topic Starter
Nilsso
Painted it? No, I used Xiao's as a base with permission from xiao beforehand. Removed the icon, made the lines cleaner, cut the outlining of off it. recolored it, added the standard osu middlepiece + some white to cover up the baselinings of the spinner to make it flow better.
winber1

Nilsso wrote:

Painted it? No, I used Xiao's as a base with permission from xiao beforehand. Removed the icon, made the lines cleaner, cut the outlining of off it. recolored it, added the standard osu middlepiece + some white to cover up the baselinings of the spinner to make it flow better.
So basically, it's xiao's.

Anyway, you don't really have to ask something like this in such a rude manner if you honestly you don't care that peppy used the spinner. From what I can tell, all you are now saying is that peppy is a dick, which is not the best argument to be expanding. It's also making me a little a skeptical about whether peppy did what you actually said he did
Bittersweet
tl;dr i took something from xiao, but im the only one who can do that! Also i have the rights over the blue colored spinners.

right.
those
and I think I stole math for last week's assignment. Damn, I should've asked Leibniz in person before using the integral sign...

related: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gottfried_ ... hematician
Alpha Kitten

Bittersweet wrote:

tl;dr i took something from xiao, but im the only one who can do that! Also i have the rights over the blue colored spinners.

right.
Osu! have the rights to all the self created or if you have copyrights on them stuff you upload...
HakuNoKaemi
Omg.
peppy did took the spinner idea from EBA and "at least" made the center of your spinner.

Ah, the other fact is that he could have just took xiao spiner.
Loctav
Like Eph said, this stuff here is so pointless.
The spinner you suspect to be stolen from you was made by the person of who you got your spinner originally from.

If you are unable to comprehend that no one stole something from you, this will lead to nowhere.
I even doubt you've ever read Ephemeral's and those's posts and totally ignore them.

To make it more visible for you:

Your story: Xiao spinner -> your spinner -> o!s spinner
True story: Xiao spinner -> your spinner
Xiao spinner -> o!s spinner (also done by Xiao)

Whats the issue now? That yours is blue? The windmill-design isn't very original, so it would not surprise me if somewhere here are more spinners who look slightly similiar without ever seeing either yours or xiaos edition.
GladiOol
hi i am osu people i have opinion about this situation

blabla spinner blala opinion blabla pls hear me my opinoonnnn better than you is has

Now nilsso, stop being butthurt but be honoured he used your spinner.
To the rest, stop having sand in your wonderland.
peppy
The spinner is modified (and remade from scratch) from the Xi-Style skin with permission and attribution.
I can dig out the PM conversation, or you can take my word for it (and view the in-game credits for attribution).