forum

[added] Bundling songs with installer

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Alpha Kitten
I think there should be some more maps than just the osu tutorial when you first download...
When I played this for the first time it took me a while to find a map I could play on my Level.
Fact is the first maps I got were from watching Dyrus stream..

It's just a suggestion.. I know there's a FAQ and in the download section there is a FAQ button too..

Just thought this would be a good way for new people to learn the game and not leave because it's too hard.
Aurele
I'm pretty sure it have been already requested before... and it was denied.
Sakura
Not possible, unless you have some songs that you created yourself (or own all rights to) with their beatmaps, otherwise there will be legal issues.
Topic Starter
Alpha Kitten
ok sorry, I tried searching in the search bar couldn't find

Google only shows me Ohio when I search Osu! :/
Sakura

Alpha Kitten wrote:

ok sorry, I tried searching in the search bar couldn't find

Google only shows me Ohio when I search Osu! :/
search.php
peppy
It would be great to get some bundled maps with the game. They would need to be suitably beginner-level maps and should be creative commons or equivalent. I don't mind giving feedback on suggestions, but this is a project I personally shouldn't need to be involved with. If anyone has the time and motivation to take this through to completion then please do.

made subject more relevant, removed invalid tag.
deadbeat
what about adding some of the easy series into the install. could that work?
t/16250
lolcubes
They are a little outdated. I am not saying that they are bad maps, but I think it should be something that's more recent.
Aurele
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/19928

Would be nice to see this one c:
deadbeat

lolcubes wrote:

They are a little outdated. I am not saying that they are bad maps, but I think it should be something that's more recent.
but if we want recent maps in there. then wouldn't the bundle need updating every now and then. i think its better to pick a selection of easy maps, but good maps and add those to the bundle
lolcubes
That's a good point. How about picking best maps that fit the criteria in the past year? So the 2012 client has maps from 2011, 2013 client has maps from 2012, etc. I think having about 5 or 6 songs would be best, where they are mostly of different genres of music, to make it more accessible to picky people.

Since everything is already uploaded there could be a poll running to vote for best map candidates and then have the staff check/pick from that list. The maps could be stored online as a pack which automatically gets downloaded if osu! is installed or something, we just change the pack every year.
RBRat3
Could just find royalty free music and or consent then map it with easy to hard in mind with all the tricks?

Best example I can think of is http://osu.ppy.sh/s/5696 ... thats pretty much where I went after the tutorial.