forum

Multi-player Mapping Servers?? o3o [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
Ceani
cheesy intro

HAVE YOU EVER WANTED TO MAP WITH YOUR FRIENDS BUT HAD PROBLEMS CAUSE YOU COULDN'T SHARE THE MAP?

Well I've had the idea of letting people set up little osu! servers (like how you would with multi-player games)
to help mappers who are collaborating.

It would have the same password option as the multi-player games because we don't like trolls ruining our maps now do we?
So each person collaborating on one map with other people could easy watch what the other people map and then either fix it or just help out a bit ^^

This saves time of uploading the map to mediafire, puush, 4share etc. etc. and saves time of setting up livestreams to watch the other person map (some people do this)

yeah, thats kinda it.

KTHXBAI.
winber1
YEAAA

LET'S HAVE MAPPING SPECTATORS TOO

that wasn't sarcastic either, even if it may have sounded like it
peppy
I can guarantee this is a duplicate of at least one other existing feature requests.
Stefan
^But still interesting.
Archangel Tirael
Realtime collab? Look interesting. I hope that this can't make beatmap's "vandals". ;)
theowest
I'm not too sure about this. :s
peppy
Can someone find the previous thread to give more insight to why this isn't yet implemented, and so we can mark this as a duplicate so that silly face in the subject line goes away?
theowest
Topic Starter
Ceani
D<
[Sean]
You could also use this for people willing to help with mapping. Stuff like being able to view where another user is in the editor (Like, click their name or something in the overlay and it'll jump to that section with them placing notes, playing, and opening settings up), as well as being able to communicate and physically SHOW people what good mapping techniques look like.

I'd like that :3
Topic Starter
Ceani

[Sean] wrote:

You could also use this for people willing to help with mapping. Stuff like being able to view where another user is in the editor (Like, click their name or something in the overlay and it'll jump to that section with them placing notes, playing, and opening settings up), as well as being able to communicate and physically SHOW people what good mapping techniques look like.

I'd like that :3
Exactly.
ann_old
Some sort of mini osu! cloud server so players can map together, sounds interesting.
Would certainly be handy when asking for a little bit of help.
I wonder how difficult it would be to program that