forum

[added] [web]Make "Expert" icon being used in beatmap listing

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Bass
it's basically there... but it's not used... so I guess it could be implemented and showed for diffs which are strongly 5.00 stars or have specific settings, would be really useful I think, same goes for CTB/Taiko difficulties' icons.
theowest
bet it's for the new difficulty ratings
deadbeat
i think it is. so it'll most likely be used when its introduced. no idea when that'll be though
DaxMasterix
I remember the old maps.. with 5.10 Stars.. but the Star Rating always was .. rare.. I think power for BATs for put the ''Extra Icon'' Before rank a map?.. Like.. ''Oh this is so hard but have the ''Insane Icon'''.. I will change it to the ''Extra Icon'' right now because the mapset have 2 insanes and this is the harder''
of consequences.. I think osu will need make ''TaikoExtra Icon'' & ''CtBExtra Icon''... (For Inner Onis and Fruit Overdoses/Deluges)...
/support
PD: The question is ''How we will improve the Star Rating..''
those
inb4 XXXXXXX
lolcubes

DaxMasterix wrote:

I remember the old maps.. with 5.10 Stars.. but the Star Rating always was .. rare..
It's still possible to go over 5 stars if you make your difficulty settings really high. AR/OD/HPD9 will in most cases break the 5.0 star rating and go above, if the timeline isn't too streamy on higher bpm (which instead makes it drop for some reason).

those wrote:

inb4 XXXXXXX
EXXXXXX better.
:D
Sakura
square ENIX.

Anyways X was the icon for Expert which was planned to be used together with AIMod's difficulty analysis, however in the end it's difficulty analysis wasn't very good either, so it wasnt used.
Aqo
why was the star rating still not replaced with the actual difficulty calculator

still can't get over how freedom dive was 2.5 stars
Sakura

Aqo wrote:

why was the star rating still not replaced with the actual difficulty calculator

still can't get over how freedom dive was 2.5 stars
Probably because no one has bothered to use the SDK to help with AIMod's difficulty calculation.
Topic Starter
Bass
Tom made some kind of calculator which could help.
Sakura

Bass wrote:

Yes i am aware of that, but in order to implement it to osu! someone needs to transfer it to the SDK to be implemented with AIMod
Tom69_old

Sakura wrote:

Bass wrote:

Yes i am aware of that, but in order to implement it to osu! someone needs to transfer it to the SDK to be implemented with AIMod
Indeed. Is is partly my fault that it didn't get implemented yet. The main reason for it is that i am still working on it and the osu! sdk doesn't offer the ability to test a huge set of maps at once. It's not the osu! devs' fault guys.