forum

Invisible Cursor mode [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ityxi
Short of simply having an invisible cursor skin, it would be cool to have a mod that hides the cursor during beatmaps. Doesn't even need to have a multiplier.

So how this works is: when the beatmap starts, the cursor is shown up until the first note, at which point it fades out. The cursor remains invisible for the rest of the map, until you fail or complete the map.

Why would this be useful? I find that my muscle memory is absolutely horrendous, and one of the major reasons I have trouble with stupidly fast maps is that I have a bad habit (from playing Hard/Insane) from looking at my cursor - when I try and follow faster maps it is almost impossible for me to follow my own cursor.

So if there was an invisible cursor mode of some sort, it would be easier to nail down muscle memory. Not to mention beating a map with both invisible cursor + hidden would look pretty damn insane :P
James2250
See some comments on it here, there really isn't a point for it having it's own mod when a person can easily skin it out if they wanted to.

James2250 wrote:

This has been discussed a few times before.

p/779634
p/520754
p/354656
p/972193

It was decided that a mod like this wouldn't really have much entertainment value and if you really want to try it out yourself try looking into skinning and creating a transparent cursor for you to use.

Denying this as a duplicate.