forum

By Jove, the beatmap page redesign is astonishing!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
winber1
THE BEATMAPS PAGE.

totally didn't post in wrong section
Tanzklaue
tbh, it's messy and doesn't look nice. the old design was better, and easier to use.
but that's just my opinion and I will get used to it. however, the fact that you can't download the beatmap directly from the beatmap-tab is horrendous. at least I didn't find any option for that. that should be fixed in my opinion. OH, THE SYMBOL IS SEPERATED IN NO VID AND REGULAR DOWNLOAD! then nevermind.
s ranker disc
omg my rank in 1 week.... 8D ill sonn probably be ur number 1 ^^ 8-)
Mismagius
^ what
Aurele

Blue Dragon wrote:

^ what
lolcubes
I think he was just trying to make us have a similar reaction to his post, compared to the beatmap page.
I guess it's not finalized yet, however I don't like the new one. You need to mouseover stuff to get relevant info, and it's really cramped and all. ;_;
deadbeat
was better with the single column layout. though i think with some improvements, this could work
Soaprman
I don't see why you have to mouseover to see the info when that space isn't being used for anything else before the mouseover. Mapper name especially, as that's a reason I download a good many of the beatmaps I download.

The NoVid link is really tiny.

Overall it looks kind of neat but I'm not really convinced it's better in any way. Guess it'll take some getting used to.
haha5957
Personally i dont dislike this but I miss the mapper's name (without hovering), playcount per day, date ranked.
also map rating picture shouldnt be downvote:upvote, i think it should correctly reflect its map rating..

overall showing more maps one one page might be help for someone, especially when they are new i guess..
Charles445
I'm not actually 100% sure where this thread DOES belong.
As to the new feature I think it's WIP. Previews don't work.

Part of the benefit of the old ones is that you could see the info immediately and in depth, along with numbers for beatmap ratings. Due to the (unfortunate) way ratings work in this game, the actual quality of a map is based heavily around the decimal score. With a colored bar, there's no way to truly tell the rating of a beatmap on the page.
Also, there's plenty of room for the difficulty/source/creator information to be on at all times. I understand that the mouse-over is to keep everything tidy, but again the huge benefit of the old ones is that info is immediately visible. Instead of a fade-in of all the info, perhaps the info could be partially transparent until highlighted, that way it could be somewhat seen at a glance and easily seen when highlighted.
ouranhshc
Current way looks kinda cluttered
Topic Starter
winber1
I know that if we put all the info on the boxes, then it would probably end up as a clusterfuk (imo it's not super cluttered yet), but yeah, mapper's name and date ranked (at least in my opinion) should be shown at least.

inb4 toggle that shows all info
XPJ38
Is it just me or audio previews don't work?
Xay
Can you put in some kind of feature where you can search for songs that only have a Taiko/CtB difficulty included? ._.
deadbeat

Xay wrote:

Can you put in some kind of feature where you can search for songs that only have a Taiko/CtB difficulty included? ._.
i thought that there all ready was one
Liut
OMG
Soaprman
This does an even better job of pointing out how useless the ratings are, by the way. Every map has about the same rating unless you do some serious digging or sort by lowest rating first. Though I suppose their presence is good for people who enjoy rating the maps they play.
[Luanny]
I'm sad because I usually download beatmaps by mapper's names :c
Also, one column view is way more clean imo
Wishy
Having to hover over to see mapper's name and difficulty spread is dumb, it's pretty much all that matters lol. Gente = /care, same as language, you can usually tell the language by reading the god damn band + song title anyways, and source is not really that useful neither.

Mapper's name should be EASY to see, as it was before, same as difficulty spread, and the page is WAY TOO CRAMPED, sorry but it's just horrible.

Only good thing: this clearly shows how almost all the data you get from every beatmap is worth shit, and how the rating system could be completely removed and no one would give a fuck. Like the map = 10, easy FC so you're happy = 10, like the song = 10, don't like it = 1, too hard for you = go mad = 1.

Scoreboard looks stupidly cramped too.
mochi
Why do i have to click on the song title specifically to get into the beatmap page now?

I also dislike this hovering shit to display all the beatmap information. It was so much more convenient to just glance at all the beatmaps all at once.

I'm glad there's a quicklink for downloading novid now though. But it's so dumb that there's a delay for the quicklink to actually appear when I hover over the beatmap. What is the purpose of the delay!?
Topic Starter
winber1
PEPPY FIX THIS NAO
Cyclohexane
I like this new format. Everything looks very neat, you don't have to scroll as much, the source appears and you can have a quick idea of the User Rating.

Pretty cool, I have to say.
sCam
I really don't care. I dload most bmaps, and just judge them by playing it..
Wishy
Well you can see the mapper's name now! :D

Maybe make difficulty spread always visible too? That'd do I think (still think it's a bit too cramped tho)

I didn't really know what each of those buttons did tbh, maybe make it so when you leave your cursor over one of those buttons for a while you get a mini-pop-up about what does it do? I can't remember what it was called, that little yellow box. Like when you leave your cursor over that little heart you could get something like Add to Online Favorites or whatever, since there is no way to know what each button does unless you click them. :p
MillhioreF
It's called a tooltip, and yes that'd be great :D

also this is about osu! updates and forward progress, so i think it belongs in General Development
Ephemeral
updated the thread title to you know, actually briefly describe what the thread is actually about.
lolcubes
This thread name makes me like the change a little bit actually.
Still, a few parts I consider quite important are missing. Who ranked the map and the immediate diffspread. The former one is gone, the latter one is mouseover.
Vish024
Looks nice and all but it slows down my browser.
Topic Starter
winber1

Ephemeral wrote:

updated the thread title to you know, actually briefly describe what the thread is actually about.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
lepidopodus
Right now it is hard to distinguish mapsets with Taiko maps and mapsets without Taiko maps. You have to move your cursors to check it.
Topic Starter
winber1

winber1 wrote:

inb4 toggle that shows all info
RaneFire
It's a bit confusing at first. Then I realised the icons for download and stuff slide out.
Looks very nice, but where do I check which beatmap pack the map resides in? Without going to beatmap packs to find it. Since I only download packs.
deadbeat
it'll be beside the date ranked
like so