forum

Continue trying option [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Aquamarine
Here's an idea. If you fail a song, have the ability to continue playing where you failed. If you do that it won't be counted toward rankings.
Archangel Tirael
Hmm... Not a bad idea. It would be great if it would be a new mod, when enable as Nightcore mod, but NoFail mode. Long thought, as it may be called, but nothing normal had not occurred. Alternatively, it can be called "HalfFail".
-------
P.S. Sorry for Google translate and my manually edition him translation.
[Kanzaki Ranko]
HalfFail would be a nice name. What about having a score multiplier (around 0.7x?) if you don't fail, and the play turning unranked if you fail?
PhiLL A
HalfFail sounds good, and Maav's idea isn't bad either.
theowest
Like the easy mod? Let's you try two more times.
PhiLL A
true theowest, had completely forgotten about that. But I'm sure some people want that feature without the disgusting overlaps and low AR.
Wishy
Lol what are you talking about guys, just add a button which says

Continue Playing
(score won't be ranked)

Or something like that.

New mod? Half Fail? Come on... just adding a function that allows you to keep playing the map (score WON'T be registered at all and play will count as a fail towards map statistics) is enough. You can already do this by going to Edit though, but it'd be better to just keep playing by pressing a button.
theowest

Wishy22 wrote:

Continue Playing
(score won't be ranked)

Or something like that.

New mod? Half Fail? Come on... just adding a function that allows you to keep playing the map (score WON'T be registered at all and play will count as a fail towards map statistics) is enough. You can already do this by going to Edit though, but it'd be better to just keep playing by pressing a button.
sounds like a better idea.
bomber34

Wishy22 wrote:

Continue Playing
(score won't be ranked)

Or something like that.

I support this idea ^^
But I am afraid that this will be denied, because it sounds like "practice" mod which peppy doesn't like.
theowest

bomber34 wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

Continue Playing
(score won't be ranked)

Or something like that.

I support this idea ^^
But I am afraid that this will be denied, because it sounds like "practice" mod which peppy doesn't like.
indeed. :c
winber1
no, it won't get denied because practice mod, because it's like the exact same thing as no fail pretty much. it's going to get denied (maybe), because it isn't really very necessary at all.

However... this would be helpful if this would still count towards that fun spoiler setting. e.g. if you play a long map that has some annoying background, and you do stupid things and you fail, and you don't want to play the map through again to use the fun spoiler settings, then having this would allow you not to rage at yourself.

meh
Archangel Tirael

Maav wrote:

HalfFail would be a nice name. What about having a score multiplier (around 0.7x?) if you don't fail, and the play turning unranked if you fail?
I think that possible set 1.0x multipler for this mod. This mod will be work such as multiplayer match. If you failed, you continue playing, but scores don't submitted.
Archangel Tirael

Wishy22 wrote:

Continue Playing
(score won't be ranked)

Or something like that.
If I play try play Freedom Dive, Mad Machine or other deathstream map? I miss many hitobjects after pressing this button.
benguin
How about we make a option in the settings:

Fail Mode:
-Instant (Fail and ends songs instantly)
-End of Song (lets you keep playing even when you you failed the song and shows results (300's, 100's, etc) but score doesn't get ranked)
awp

Archangel Tirael wrote:

If I play try play Freedom Dive, Mad Machine or other deathstream map? I miss many hitobjects after pressing this button.
I'd expect it would have a lead-in or temporary invulnerability/auto-play upon resume
bwross

Archangel Tirael wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

Continue Playing
(score won't be ranked)

Or something like that.
If you're playing a map and are concerned that you're going to fail, and also concerned that stopping to hit continue is just going to make you miss a bunch of hitobjects... then you really want to be using NoFail. It's that simple. It solves all those problems already. No need to add pointless mods.

As for a "continue" button on the fail screen, I really can't see a problem with that for when you're playing unranked maps (might even help with modding). The problem is, as said above, ranked maps and whether it would just lead to people abusing it for unranking plays for practice (ie start the map up and miss notes until you die, then continue with an unranked practice play).
Aurele
It's like in Multiplayer mode... when you fail, you still can play the map with other players.

Here's a vote for you, I really like the idea.
benguin
Sent in my vote for this. Sometimes I'll be doing really well on a song, perhaps even be beating my previous score on it, when all of a sudden BOOM...fail right at the end. And I'd be sad because I'd like to know how I did but since I failed I can't see that. Would also be cool if we could save failed replays, so we can watch them to see how we are messing up and stuff.
theowest
would you look at that, duplicate t/14112/