forum

Trail and scorebar not showing up

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zarcondi
hello ! im kinda new to using skins and i found a skin i really like but fo an unknown reason the cursor trail and the scorebar wont show up... i checked in the files of the skin and there are files for the trail and the scorebar but they just arent showing up ingame... anyone knows how to solve this please ?
Any help would be appreciated !
BB20C0
It sounds like the SD files for the scorebar and the cursor trail are missing. osu! is just putting the default elements in their place which is why they are not showing up.
Topic Starter
Zarcondi
well as i said there are actually some files fo this in the skin's files and thats why i find it weird that iots not showing up ingame here are some screenshots https://imgur.com/a/DA2q8E7 https://imgur.com/a/6xkLgOC
BB20C0
Can you provide a link to the skin so I can have a look at it myself?
Topic Starter
Zarcondi
https://osuskins.net/skin/vjUqKOh sure here it is (sry i replied late)
BB20C0
Let's start with the health bar:

By default the scorebar-bg file doesn't have a health bar. It's just the border. Additionally scorebar-colour is just a transparent image. This is why you've got no health bar.

However, the skinner has included a few extras folders. In the scorebar folder is another version of scorebar-bg but with a health bar background. But there's a problem, the skinner hasn't included the scorebar-colour to go with the background. So you can't have a working health bar.

Now onto the cursor trail:

Again, by default the cursortrail file is a transparent image which is why you can't see one.

There is an extras cursor folder but you've only got two choices of a cursor trail. But another problem is that they haven't been named correctly. So to fix this choose one of the cursor trails you want and rename it to EITHER cursortrail@2x or cursortrail. (Use the latter if you're using an SD resolution.) Once you've renamed it copy the file and paste it in the main folder.

Edit: osu! won't use the elements in the sub-folders which is why you've got to move the ones you want the game to use to the main folder.

Conclusion:

If I were you I wouldn't bother with this skin and I'd seriously recommend you find another skin. The skin folder is just a mess, it's not been organised properly, most elements in the extras folders aren't even named properly and if you want a working health bar you'll have to take one from another skin. I don't think it would be worth the hassel for you to get this skin working properly.

Why not check out the many skins on the forums? There are a number of original skins that are much better than this.

Here, use one of the following links and take a look:

Completed Skins - Anime
Completed Skins - Minimalistic & Flat
Completed Skins - Other
Completed Skins - Eyecandy
Completed Skins - Video Games

I hope this covers everything, I know you're new to skinning so I may have went into too much detail or haven't made something clear.
Topic Starter
Zarcondi
ok helped a lot thank you very much ^^