forum

Can somebody please explain why I can't jump at all.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Celebration
I literally just can't jump. I think I am in a jump slump. I can stream very well with pretty good acc (97 - 99) unless I choke. *ahem* my top play *ahem*...

I can sometimes hit very hard jumps and then other times miss on a 4 star.
What I noticed with my misses is that I go either way too wide left or right, like I mis-calculate the circle position and it's way off.

One thing that might have to do with this problem
I am born left-handed and write with my left hand.... but I play osu! with the pen in my right hand... I don't know if this was going to be problematic for me when I first got my tablet but I'm wondering if that could be why my aim feels like it just doesn't fit my skill level.

Thanks.
Almost
Would help but I'm just a decaying pleb :^)
im flat
ur inconsistent if you want try to find a new area
and don't switch ur hands now since u will basically have to relearn the game
Abbacus
I used to be doo-doo at jumps but I had started recently (a few months ago) playing more jump heavy maps that were slow so my brain has time to think where to put my cursor. You could use no-fail if you like but I didn't just personal preference. When you fail a map at the jumps, don't exit the map press F1 (I think it's F1) and watch the replay and slow down the playback so you can see how you are missing the jumps and then try to consciously think "Okay at this spot I have to aim more to the right than I think."

Eventually you'll get a lot better and doing jumps will be second nature to you.
Topic Starter
Celebration

im flat wrote:

I've switched areas probably 3 times in the last 3 months. I'm currently at 60mm by 60mm.
Yeah I won't.

Abbacus wrote:

I used to be doo-doo at jumps but I had started recently (a few months ago) playing more jump heavy maps that were slow so my brain has time to think where to put my cursor. You could use no-fail if you like but I didn't just personal preference. When you fail a map at the jumps, don't exit the map press F1 (I think it's F1) and watch the replay and slow down the playback so you can see how you are missing the jumps and then try to consciously think "Okay at this spot I have to aim more to the right than I think."

Eventually you'll get a lot better and doing jumps will be second nature to you.

Shouldn't this be something that I shouldn't have to do at some point though? Like someone like Beasttroll doesn't have to do this, his aim is so snappy and lands right on the number even on massive jumps. I guess I shouldn't compare myself to someone with a lot more experience though.
779 621 839

Celebration wrote:

im flat wrote:

I've switched areas probably 3 times in the last 3 months. I'm currently at 60mm by 60mm.
Yeah I won't.

Square area might be a problem. try using an area that is arround 1.5 times wider than it is on altitude.

Somebody said this before, but try playing slower jump maps, or use half time on the ones you already have.
im flat

xzemiyl wrote:

Celebration wrote:

im flat wrote:

Yeah I won't.

Square area might be a problem. try using an area that is arround 1.5 times wider than it is on altitude.

Somebody said this before, but try playing slower jump maps, or use half time on the ones you already have.

I use square area don't see any issues