forum

I Wanna Be The Guy fangames.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PopSoda
I Wanna Be The Guy, was originally a joke indie game which came out in 2007. The game had a lot of traps and is known for being a rage and a troll game, it has a lot of unexpected cherries, spikes, and references to other games popping out of ground, sky, anywhere you can think of. It was inspired by Syobon Action (cat mario), owata and other rage games.
Even though the game was made and designed to be a one-off, it surprisingly had very controllable, consistent, and interesting physics that can be implemented in other games. The hitboxes create a great platformer which takes practice and skill, platforming and jumping through spikes in it is called needling or needle games.
The game inspired and created a lot of fangames with the same concept, and very different games. Most of them focused on platforming and not jokes and trolls, they all are called "I Wanna Be The X", the games are really good and fun to play.
Most notable ones are "I Wanna Be The Boshy", and "I Wanna Kill The Kamilia 2 and 3", currently i am playing Kamilia 2 and i beat Boshy and the original, and a lot more!
I wonder what you think, and which ones you played.
Topic Starter
PopSoda
I actually beat Kamilia 2!