forum

Avatar in Multiplayer Lobby [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Chozx
I tought something like the avatars of all players in the lobby on the right side of your name
But then kind of smaller

Greetz!
Pulsje

BTW Soz No Pic
Layca_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Jinxy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mattyu007

JInxyjem wrote:

the names in a room dont tell much at all. A avatar would change that.
The avatars wouldn't tell much either...
Kiyobi_old
You have no idea what kind of impression an avatar can leave.
Topic Starter
Chozx
K sorry but i would be nice 8-)
Remco32
I don't see how this would fit in the lobby...
Hyperworm
I think by "lobby" here the OP means within the multiplayer game room. I can't see a point for this in the main lobby (the game list), but it would definitely fit in the actual game room. I think it's a good idea.
Atmey

Hyperworm wrote:

I think by "lobby" here the OP means within the multiplayer game room. I can't see a point for this in the main lobby (the game list), but it would definitely fit in the actual game room. I think it's a good idea.
To locate the person you are searching for easier, especially if the room's name is changed. Display the host's avatar.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail

Atmey wrote:

Hyperworm wrote:

To locate the person you are searching for easier, especially if the room's name is changed. Display the host's avatar.
What if the host's avatar (or host, whichever happens) and the room name were to be changed?
Atmey

Vash wrote:

Atmey wrote:

Hyperworm wrote:

What if the host's avatar (or host, whichever happens) and the room name were to be changed?
umm... it changes as well?
Hyperworm
Which would mean it's no longer the avatar of "the person you are searching for", and would become just as useless at finding that person again as the changed room title. (That was the point of Vash's post.)

But I can now see that it's useful anyway. Especially if you (say) get disconnected from the room and are trying to find it again near-immediately. You're more likely to remember an avatar than a game title I guess (especially since the titles are often generic apart from the username). Even if the host changes, you could still remember the avatar from one of the other players.

I'd still personally prefer to see it implemented in the actual game room though. >_>;
AceOfArrows

Atmey wrote:

Display the host's avatar.
YES!!! I LOVE IT!!

I also love the idea of including avatars in a multiplayer room next to players' names.

Also, we need to work on getting the avatars to always appear in the places where they already are supposed to appear - I've seen avatars disappear and reappear before/after matches.
peppy
hai, preview time desu.

Jinxy
Me likes. So can it be implemented?
peppy
Jinxy
Oh. I see.

(Still new to Osu! and Feature Requests)
mosluv
Yay peppy! You also added a filter on top! No more showing of passworded(this a word? D:) games!

:) :)
peppy
Did you look at the screenshot? o.OoOOOoo
mosluv
Hyperworm
I think he meant, the screenshot uses the word "passworded" ;)

(How did I miss this? ._. Looks great :D)
mosluv
Oh, I see. :?
peppy
Nah, I misread your post. Ignore what I said.
Jinxy
Erm, why cant i see the avatars? its still the same old osu.
Remco32

JInxyjem wrote:

Erm, why cant i see the avatars? its still the same old osu.
You need to wait for the next public version
peppy
damn nooooobs