forum

Diadra Empty

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
I'm kinda surprised i didn't open a topic about it before (and that i couldn't find one existing), so I'm opening one now.

This game is an horizontal-scrolling shoot 'em up with amazing gameplay, music and graphics. There are a lot of interesting mechanics it offers and it's an amazing experience for everyone who likes this kind of games.

Gameplay:

Since the demo from the official page seems not to be available anymore (but the link is in the page so i guess it's the server's fault), i found an alternative download for it: http://www.freegamearchive.com/download ... mpty/17518

Did someone else know about it as well?
If someone did and/or likes it, they may be interested that I'm making a full translation of the game with some friends. Even if it doesn't provide a 30-hours long story we want to give it a proper english release, so come and check us, if you want to: http://realizehopereally.wordpress.com/

If you have questions about the game i may also be able to give some answers since i've been playing it for quite a while :D
mosluv
Any way to change window resolution and make it so it doesn't disable windows aero?

EDIT: Why doesn't it save my progress :(
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE

Nexy wrote:

Any way to change window resolution and make it so it doesn't disable windows aero?

EDIT: Why doesn't it save my progress :(
Nope, fixed resolution at 1024*768, you can only switch between full screen and windowed.
It shouldn't disable Aero anyway, it never did anything like that to me O_o

What do you mean by "doesn't save"? The game won't save your progressing during the "story" because you're supposed to play it in one go, but it should save all the achievements and records without any problems O_o
mosluv
Thanks for reply, but all that doesn't matter as it keeps crashing once I get to the 5th level. Even bluescreened once. ._.

I really want to play it too, fun game. D:
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE

Nexy wrote:

Thanks for reply, but all that doesn't matter as it keeps crashing once I get to the 5th level. Even bluescreened once. ._.

I really want to play it too, fun game. D:
You DO have the latest version (1.54), right?

http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~icewind/yuki- ... 54PLUS.exe

If you're using the 1.11 i guess all the issues you have with Win7 may just disappear after installing this update.
However installing it is a bit tricky: first of all it asks for a password ( it is TAZ01 ) then it simply extracts the files instead of updating, so you have to move them into the game's folder manually.
Soaprman
Gotta say, this looks pretty rad. I'll have to look more into this when the weekend rolls around.

Where's a good place to get this game in case I decide to try it? Is there a demo?
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
Oh, i thought i already added a demo download in the first post.
Done now.
mosluv
Thanks for the patch. No problems so far.

What does Guard Reset (on the level up screen) do? Haven't noticed anything after getting it.
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
it resets (actually it reduces it by 10) the amount "damage" you have.
When you get hit, you don't lose a life, but only your shield and your "damage" count increases by 1. When your shield is down and regenerating, you lose one of the three lives if you get hit again. The deal is that the more damage you have, the longer it will take for the shield to regenerate itself, making you much more vulnerable.
So the Guard Reset upgrade could be really useful when used correctly.
mosluv
Thanks! \o/