forum

A wait period for new players to talk in the main chat

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Hideyoshi
Just like how pokemon showdown has a week wait to talk in the chats, why not have a wait period for new accounts so spam can decrease a bit. And if the account doesn't play within that week, it gets an email warning how their account will get deleted on the suspicion of being a spammer or something like that, with an option to save the account through a link on the email.
Pawsu
I can understand the wait time, and that is actually a good idea, but I don't think account deletions will ever be a thing.
Ascendance
nice.
- Marco -
makes sense
Nao Tomori
no cuz the entire point of it is for new players to be exposed to the community, like imagine u start this game thats entirely community oriented and you cant even talk when u install it u just insta leave lol
xtxa
This is a terrible idea, all players should be able to use all standard features regardless of when they started playing the game.
abraker
Even discord has an option with same intent to mitigate spam

xtxa wrote:

This is a terrible idea, all players should be able to use all standard features regardless of when they started playing the game.
I don't think it will have a huge impact so long as new players can still multi with their friends and chat in #multiplayer.