forum

[resolved] Error moving file .osz

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nozomiichan
Problem details: I don't remember when it started but it's been some time. Whenever I download new map this error happen. I have already try to run osu as administrator, using "repair folder permissions" button in settings and today I have even deleted and installed again osu but it still haven't fix my issue. At this point I don't know anymore what else can I do.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://ibb.co/pXnWfw9

osu! version: Stable 20191107.2 (latest)
jjong
can't you just manually add the folder to your osu folder
*if im missing something please let me know*
Topic Starter
Nozomiichan
Well when you download the beatmap you download it as osk file and when you open it it's extract the folder (work similar to winrar) and I have no idea how to do it manually. Also even if I know it would be still a pain in the *** to do it every single time.
Death
Something on your computer is probably preventing the game from moving or modifying your files.
Check to make sure you don't have any antivirus software that is doing this.

TakumiBoi wrote:

can't you just manually add the folder to your osu folder
*if im missing something please let me know*
You can manually add osz files to your Songs folder, but that's a super annoying workaround. Much easier to click on things and have them automatically open.
Topic Starter
Nozomiichan
So I did like you told me but I found nothing in antivirus however I found something else. I used Microsoft Edge insted of Google Chrome and it extracted the beatmap correct without any problem so the issue is google chrome but I still don't know why.
Death
By "extract" are you referring to it opening in the game? Maybe Chrome is somehow preventing the downloads from completing correctly.
Topic Starter
Nozomiichan
https://youtu.be/aHcGaWV0Y2U
You gave me a good hint. From now on I will have to open the file from my deskop insted in chrome tab. Thank you for help ♥
Zwald
Thank you