forum

When I upload my beatmap, the audio disappears

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_josh5
A couple of months ago, I wanted to make a beatmap, so I took an existing beatmap that I already had downloaded, replaced the audio with the song I wanted, and removed all the notes. A couple of weeks ago, I fixed the timing and started mapping the beatmap. I wanted to submit it as a WIP beatmap, but since I took another beatmap and replaced the notes with mine, the beatmapID and beatmapsetID were still what the values of the other person's beatmap were. When I go into the .osu file and change the beatmapID and beatmapsetID to 0 and -1, then save the file, it doesn't actually change anything. When I open the .osu file of the beatmap again, the beatmapID and beatmapsetID are still the original values. To fix this, I created a new beatmap with the mp3 I was using. When I go into the .osu file of this beatmap and paste in timing, hitobjects, and metadata, it actually saves, but when I go back into the editor menu, click away to a different song, and click back to my beatmap, the audio disappears, and when I try to submit the beatmap before the audio disappears, the audio doesn't show up.
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1061687#osu/2223249
How do I fix the audio? Can I make it so I can submit the beatmap that has the unsavable file and the wrong mapsetID and beatmapsetID? Thanks
GlaZe
Downloaded the map and the MP3 is there and the audio works fine. Not sure what your issue is :p