forum

Metal Gear Solid Lounge

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bagiaaa
I've been searching for MGS thread but I found nothing...

It's such a waste for this great game not having its own thread so I take initiative to start this lounge. Any discussion about MGS series are very welcomed here!

=========================================================================================

Upcoming MGS franchise; Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes

Vext_old
I only played MGS4, it was pretty good... I hate Rising Revengeance for the sole reason of that it is because of that game that Anarchy Reigns got delayed outside of Japan and I have to import.
awp
I played the numerical MGS games, haven't played Peace Walker yet. Played a bit of Portable Ops, but didn't really get far into it.

I like that Rising doesn't seem to take itself seriously at all. NINJA JUMP. NINJA STRIKE. NINJA MENU. NINJA SAVE GAME. NINJA QUIT TO TTILE
Stefan

bagiaaa wrote:

It's such a waste for this great game not having its own thread
Yes.
I loved MGS4, especially the End. I mainly played Portable Ops and Peace Walker for the PSP a lot.
The idea behind of it, to recrut new people is great.
adam2046
Recently/this year I finished a playthrough of MGS 3 on Extreme, finished my old MGS 4 save, played to about the first Sniper Wolf sequence in MGS, played a bunch of MGS 2 VR missions/played through the tanker mission 20 or so times/started a Hard playthrough of the plant, played a bit of Peace Walker in the HD collection, played a tiny bit of Metal Gear and played a bunch of VR missions and a few levels of the story in Ghost Babel.

I have come to the conclusion that MGS 2 is still the best game I've played in the series.
bomber34
I played all MGS games except the PSP ones.
I also beaten MGS2 on "EUROPEAN-EXTREME ( a bonus difficulty only for the PAL version of the game, i think)
That destroyed my controller at the end. I also thought my PS2 would crash at one boss because it was to heavy what the boss did xD
MGS3 is the best one ^^ gonna play that on EUROPEAN-EXTREME soon ^^

I also have nothing against Raiden really ^^ everybody hates him in MGS2 but idk. i guess i am too tolerant?

I miss the VR Missions from MGS1 (this bonus crap for MGS2 Substance was meh)

Don't know what my favourite song is ^^ there are to much.

MGS4 is not a bad game but not as good as its prequels. The end is also tooo long.

Best boss fights:
The End
The Boss
Solidus
Liquid
Metal gear "..." well all of them
adam2046
The VR Missions disc for Metal Gear Solid was really good if my memory isn't completely faulty.
Topic Starter
bagiaaa

Stefan wrote:

I loved MGS4, especially the End. I mainly played Portable Ops and Peace Walker for the PSP a lot.
The idea behind of it, to recrut new people is great.
Hell yeah MGS4 rules! If you played (and a true fan) MGS series from the very first one, I doubt you didn't shed your tears playing MGS4.

The. Best. Ending. EVER.

I'm not really fond of Portable Ops because of it's weird gameplay, Peace Walker is much more better even though they're basically the same. And yes, I think Ground Zeroes perhaps will take the idea of PW's mother base system since it's a direct sequel of PW.
Azure_Kite
nomen
I remember playing MGS2, really loved that game, completed it countless times.
Heibel
I have played all of the MGS games, i started with the 2'nd one though, cause we didn't have the first one until i got the PS3. So when i got the 4'th game, i got the first as well and played them in order until i could start the last game, Damn feels at the end.. My favorite has the be the 3'rd game, Snake Eater. It truly is amazing.

The best boss fight of them all has to be The End, if you play it the right way that is ^^ "The boss" comes close to a tie though
Dieathan
Only played MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4. The third one is my favorite so far. Kind of annoyed about how MGS4 has a bigger focus on the action sequences, but I still had fun with them.

I wasn't that fond of Raiden in MGS2 but when MGS4 came along he suddenly seemed a bit better. Okay, he still whines a bit but it's an improvement nonetheless.

Also, I really liked the boss fight against The End in MGS3 despite taking about an hour to beat him (I didn't die once during the boss fight in case you're wondering). Crying Wolf in MGS4 in comparison feels much easier but I still liked that boss fight. I feel The End was better.
Topic Starter
bagiaaa

nomen wrote:

I remember playing MGS2, really loved that game, completed it countless times.
It's because the graphic difference from PSX to PS2 that makes it epic. I remember myself shooting watermelons in the kitchen just looking for the effect.

Heibel66 wrote:

The best boss fight of them all has to be The End, if you play it the right way that is ^^ "The boss" comes close to a tie though

Dieathan wrote:

Also, I really liked the boss fight against The End in MGS3 despite taking about an hour to beat him (I didn't die once during the boss fight in case you're wondering)
This is really epic too. They gave us a different way to defeat The End, either in-game or outside the game (if you know what I mean). An idea of gaming which never been applied in any other games before.
Heibel
^ Yeees i know, it was a great and fun idea they put in there
awp

bagiaaa wrote:

This is really epic too. They gave us a different way to defeat The End, either in-game or outside the game (if you know what I mean). An idea of gaming which never been applied in any other games before.
Real-time clocks are used in games all the time now. In Animal Crossing, for example, if you haven't played the game in a few months the entire population of YourTownVille freaks out and fills your mailbox with hate mail. Those letters are all you have to remember them by, because they are all dead now.

MGS' implementation was certainly the most clever though