forum

hit the wall

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tachibana
i noticed that ive been playing the same difficulty for a little over a year now, wondering if anyone else has hit the wall (the point at which it seems you're stuck and cant further your abilities)
Icyteru
Don't bother with accuracy or FC if you think you hit the wall.
You can't simply FC an insane if you've only ever played hards and normals
dkun
play more, play harder, play to improve.

that is, if you have the drive to do so.
silmarilen
im stuck on insanes, cant go higher.
oh wait there isnt a higher diff.
Aoriki

silmarilen wrote:

^ This made me lol.

I'm stuck on hard maps (I can do some insane but I do fail or pass )
Kedi

silmarilen wrote:

lol
Xirai

Aoriki wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

^ This made me lol.

I'm stuck on hard maps (I can do some insane but I do fail or pass )
I am stuck at most of the hard songs too.
But I try to improve and play Hyper & Another Songs...
I also keep trying until I get some easier insane Songs.

At the moment I am practicing streaming a bit, before I was practicing on jumping a bit. I just change what I train all the time, so I won't get bored by a map or a special kind of training :3

Most Hard maps are too boring now and I fail most of insane maps, but I keep trying until I get them.
When you play a map, that is too hard for you, you usually recognize, whether it is possible to succes it in the near future.
When you think: Damn this was close....just keep playing it until you succes it :3

That's my noobish tip...it works for me, but maybe you are different :3
G0r
The only way someone hits the wall before being able to play insanes is by having bad settings for their input device. Most insanes are actually easy. With everything optimal, you should be able to play within weeks of beginning.
Vext_old
The only things that are different typically from hard to insane are jumps and/or streams. Sometimes it's just higher AR or HP drain but typically stream/jumps. Practice those two and you should be fine. If all else fails, play osu! while naked. Don't ask why, it works, and you will be better so long as it's not very cold and you start shivering. I'm dead fucking serious, it really makes you better.
Topic Starter
Tachibana

Vext wrote:

The only things that are different typically from hard to insane are jumps and/or streams. Sometimes it's just higher AR or HP drain but typically stream/jumps. Practice those two and you should be fine. If all else fails, play osu! while naked. Don't ask why, it works, and you will be better so long as it's not very cold and you start shivering. I'm dead fucking serious, it really makes you better.

LOL
G0r

-Tachibana- wrote:

Vext wrote:

LOL
The old naked Osu! trick!
darkmiz

G0r wrote:

you should be able to play within weeks of beginning.
Hey your're starting to sound like that sensei Evanlet. I wonder how his experiment is doing.
OzzyOzrock
With that naked trick, taking pictures and reviewing them also helps.
silmarilen
why has nobody ever told me about that trick?
2.5 years of practice for nothing
Tsukimi Luna
there isnt such a thing called the "wall"
Just keep playing~

It's you that decides the wall for yourself and decide that you wont improve after that ~

silmarilen wrote:

U forgot extra diff and 0108
Well I'm technically stuck at 0108 diffs? Dx
nomen
I was getting discouraged when I relized my streming speed is very low and isn't increasing, but then with lot of practice playing streamy maps that are slighty faster than I can do (no deathstreams tho) my streaming speed is actually increasing. So yeah, just play more, that's it.
Tsukimi Luna

nomen wrote:

I was getting discouraged when I relized my streming speed is very low and isn't increasing, but then with lot of practice playing streamy maps that are slighty faster than I can do (no deathstreams tho) my streaming speed is actually increasing. So yeah, just play more, that's it.
inb4 and the next day after being able to stream quick for the night/day...
You start off the next morning/day at 140 bpm instead of the 190 bpm u can do yesterday
silmarilen
that happens to me every day
nomen
Yeah. Especially if you just woke up.
Flanster
Wakes up, 5 minutes later tries to stream 200bpm.
show more