forum

recent activity - rank rising [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
deadbeat
The old rank system based of score is gone. but it still appears in the recent activity
example

can this is changed to pp rank not score rank? or is this all ready planned
EDIT:

Wishy22 wrote:

Agree and please change this: it is NOT a notable activity to raise from rank 999 to 998, make it only appear for top 100.
theowest
oh god, yes.

I have a feeling this is going to be done anyway.
ann_old
Both score and pp rank shown separately would be nice
Kitokofox
It would be interesting to have a little notification that you rose some ranks in the performance leader boards. I dunno how worth it that it really is though. The overall score ranking is the original and main ranking of osu! though. Performance is supposed to be a realtime ranking of how well players are performing at the moment.

(You... blue.. pixelated.. DOG!)
Topic Starter
deadbeat
score has no effect on ranking though unless you don't have any pp. as soon as it you get pp, score is just another statistic. even the old score ranks are gone from profiles. can only view it here now.
Wishy
Agree and please change this: it is NOT a notable activity to raise from rank 999 to 998, make it only appear for top 100.
Luna
Yes, please
Also what Wishy said
Topic Starter
deadbeat
added wishy's extra add on request to the OP
theowest
What about having it for rank 500? :v
PhiLL A

theowest wrote:

oh god, yes.

I have a feeling this is going to be done anyway.
Ohrami
YES
silmarilen

Kyou-kun wrote:

YES
[Dellirium]

theowest wrote:

for rank 500? :v
^
peppy
I'm not sure if this would be worthwhile considering we have the graph for pp now. If changes in rank were added, they would be displayed once a day at the point of pp recalculation (as real-time pp updates can be inaccurate based on when people play throughout the day). It may work better to just remove the ranking system increase notifications altogether, and have it focus on individual difficulties/beatmaps instead.
Ohrami

peppy wrote:

I'm not sure if this would be worthwhile considering we have the graph for pp now. If changes in rank were added, they would be displayed once a day at the point of pp recalculation (as real-time pp updates can be inaccurate based on when people play throughout the day). It may work better to just remove the ranking system increase notifications altogether, and have it focus on individual difficulties/beatmaps instead.
what this man (or woman) said
[Dellirium]

Kyou-kun wrote:

what this man (or woman) said
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Topic Starter
deadbeat

peppy wrote:

It may work better to just remove the ranking system increase notifications altogether, and have it focus on individual difficulties/beatmaps instead.
i can live with this :)

EDIT: if the above happens, then should this just be denied? or leave it open until something changes?
MillhioreF

yaaaaay
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i don't really think it is added since this request was to change it to pp rank increase messages. so wouldn't [Invalid] be correct?
Ohrami
Top 500 of normal beatmap rankings seems a little much. I can get that in one play every time. Making it show top 500 will result in just as much spam as was occurring previously, which is what this feature request aimed to eradicate. Top 100 was fine.
theowest

Kyou-kun wrote:

Top 500 of normal beatmap rankings seems a little much. Top 100 was fine.
I disagree, 500 is perfect.
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Kyou-kun wrote:

Top 500 of normal beatmap rankings seems a little much. I can get that in one play every time. Making it show top 500 will result in just as much spam as was occurring previously, which is what this feature request aimed to eradicate. Top 100 was fine.
this feature request had nothing to do with spam in the recent activity. it was to change the score ranking increase messages to pp ranking increase messages.
going to change this to invalid since it wasn't really added. but oh well. not having it kinda works
koromo

theowest wrote:

Kyou-kun wrote:

Top 500 of normal beatmap rankings seems a little much. Top 100 was fine.
I disagree, 500 is perfect.
Any player can get top 500 on pretty much any insane or hard in a single play. Recent activity will be pretty much the same as "recent plays (last 24 hours)" now, and the actually good (top 100) ranks will be pushed down every single time anyone plays a map for the first time.

I don't even think anyone cares if somebody else achieves rank #470 no mod and probably not even full combo on some random map in a single play.

But I guess this is not the right place to argue about this.
show more