forum

Osu Mailing List

posted
Total Posts

How large was the learning curve when you began playing (1 - no learning curve , 10- massive learning curve)

0.00%
20.00%
0.00%
20.00%
0.00%
0.00%
40.00%
0.00%
0.00%
20.00%
Total votes: 5
Topic Starter
Knight Ryan
Osu Mailing List
Basically, the idea is that Osu should have some sort of mailing list for players where they can add themselves on it and players can receive weekly/monthly emails that can include things such as game tips, interviews from top players, news about what is happening in the community, etc.

Learning Curve Problem
A big problem I noticed especially when I started playing was the learning curve and the inaccessibility of help whether it is in the form of youtube videos or Osu itself. Although Osu does have their tutorial page and also a tutorial map, I did not find these until 2 months after playing. Another thing to consider is to push these materials and resources to the player when they start to play the game so they can learn about the game and not rage quit after 5 minutes of trying to play the game. I think a big problem is that people do not recognize there are actually resources in place for players to get better.

Conclusion
Osu has done a wonderful job implementing this game and I appreciate the hard work made on this game. If there are any other things you believe should be implemented, please feel free to write it down below :)