forum

Dissappointing to say Needs to label 18+ even on maps with.. [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
YoshiOST
Back story: So my friends have watched me play osu, and I would expect 10 year olds to understand (since EBA was a E+10 game) that some content here is just disgusting and CAN be 18+ or be sexually stimulating for the wrong reasons, and I know most will just ignore the suggestive theme in the background, but really, I found a group of bg pictures labeled rack. REALLY? Like if you enjoy touhou songs and certain themes of music you would notice, you downloaded semi cartoon(popcorn) or really suggestive content that you would not notice on the thumbnail until you've downloaded the song and pictures, then, being a very traditional and clear minded person, I have to (censor)photoshop all the pictures, you know to meet my needs and beliefs.(ihopethats legal and all.) But besides the vulgar songs, there is this, and unexpected victims would be sexualized for online rhythm games, really I hope everyone can know BEFORE hand what you are downloading.

Request:18+ label(or mature content) on maps on the website with suggestive pictures and or swearing more youth friendliness? I know I should report the songs, but I'll get to it later. And it should be hidden when searched purposely but like an icon
winber1
Well, the basic answer is just avoid those songs then if you really don't like them. Even if the mapper's choice, the files kinda have to stay in there now even if the choice was completely unrelated and random.

Though adding a set place for a label like this wouldn't hurt.
Sakura
If you think a map needs some of their images changed due to explicit/obscene content, then send a PM to me or any other BAT and we will take care of it.
Stefan
Geez, another one who cries because of BGs. <_<
Kurokami
Let`s use only mono colored bgs then. \o/
Tidek
For example: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/11947 here (peppy?) changed these +16 BGs.
Currently i avoid maps with BGs where "happy" anime girl shows her "body", i have really bad feel (poker face xD) when someone comes to my room when i play maps with these BGs and <wtf u playing> on their faces : D
I think that u can do nothing in this situation, its mapper "art" : ) Just avoid these maps or delete BG, thats all.
winber1

Tidek wrote:

Currently i avoid maps with BGs where "happy" anime girl shows her "body", i have really bad feel (poker face xD) when someone comes to my room when i play maps with these BGs and <wtf u playing> on their faces : D
NO, YOU MUST EMBRACE IT AS YOUR SOUL. EMBRACE IT. IT WILL MAKE YOU A STRONGER AND MORE HANDSOME MAN.
Kurokami
I mapped a song where the video shows some blood. I wrote a waranty in the description. I guess t is was the best and I think it will be enough if everyone do the same. Or just one more option in the beatmap submission window, where you tick "the map countains 18+ elements" or something like this which also appear on the beatmaps page/title.
deadbeat
you need to remember that this is game for everybody, and not everybody wants to see half naked anime girls and songs with swearing in them.

Stefan wrote:

Geez, another one who cries because of BGs. <_<
also this isn't the right attitude to take sorry. this whole mature content thing has been debated for a while now. i'm not sure what happened to it, but this does need to be sorted out at some point
Makar
Putting a warning label in the thread is what most people do. If there are ranked maps without this label, simply talk to the mapper or a BAT about it.
Azure_Kite
Actually, I wouldn't mind something regarding Maturity Warnings in the Beatmap Info Page. At least then it could possibly be linked in with osu! Direct, as people who download there could potentially get what they didn't want inadvertently.
theowest
Being able to change whatever background you want. If only.

You can of course, but not officially.
Ephemeral
alert a BAT or an admin if you think you've found a map with an explicit background that is not suitable for minors

if you link a map with a standard anime swimsuit background as proof of this, you are living in the 1950's.
theowest
if it's not sexually donning, then yes.