forum

StarForge - Procedurally Generated Everything - The Game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite

Edit: It's been ages since I've created this thread. Bumping.

http://www.starforge.com/

StarForge is a game about gathering resources, building bases, crafting anything you want, and surviving on an alien planet. Earth's star is dying and humanity transferred as much technology and resources as possible and left on a one way mission to populate another planet.

StarForge was inspired by Halo, Warcraft 3, Borderlands, Terraria, and Minecraft. It borrows elements from the RTS, FPS, RPG, Voxel Builder, Tower Defense, and Physics Sandbox genres. They are building a dark and serious universe and want the player to live out their own unique story on the procedural planet.
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
Bump because nobody cared the first time, but updated a lot of info.
Stefan
Wow, the concept has something.. maybe I gonna take a look later. :D
Lunhui
I'll Buy It.
So Sure. x_D
A good friend find this game today at steam green light. x_D
The idea is so awesome. x3
TentacleOtaku
I played this game when it was in early beta - at that point you didnt' have the option to build yet, just run around & shoot.
Should pick it up soon :)
Lunhui
Isn't it in the alpha at the moment? x_D
But I think they can make something great out of this :D
TentacleOtaku

Kur0ni wrote:

Isn't it in the alpha at the moment? x_D
But I think they can make something great out of this :D
Was iit alpha then?
I remember downloading this game +- 4 months ago.

Either i'm mixing games up or there's another game out there that looks very, very, VERY similar.
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
Yeah, it's in early alpha. Tech demos have been released slowly over the past year. The newest one is due sometime within the next two or three weeks after the indiegogo campaign ends, which is purported to include better Procedural Generation, The Procedural weapons showcased in the indiegogo trailer as well as multiplayer.

I think once multiplayer gets going, it will possibly take off like Minecraft. Hopefully.
HakuNoKaemi
Isn't it more Stracraft than Warcraft?
Tesu
Wow this game is awsome imma buy this
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
Le bump. It received a massive update today basically making this Minecraft 2.0.
deadbeat

Azure_Kite wrote:

Le bump. It received a massive update today basically making this Minecraft 2.0.
if i still haven't got this by monday, remind me to x.x

it's only been what, 7 months since you tried to get me to download this :<