forum

[Archived] Constant / Consistant Frame Spikes/stutters/freeze's (No Fix's)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jaws
Sometimes it spikes 1 time, 3 times or sometimes it just like stutters 5 times.

BEFORE READING EVERYTHING I HAD NOT HAD THIS PROBLEM PREVIOUS OF AROUND MARCH 2019.
ALSO I HAD STREAMED PRIOR TO THIS ISSUE AND HAD 0 PROBLEMS & USED DISCORD WHILE/WHILENOT STREAMING PRIOR AS WELL

Problem details: Basically for a little quite some time now i've been delaing with a problem where every like 2-10 minutes my game will stutter/freeze/lag and it does it once, then about 3-5 seconds later it does it 2 more times and its consistant with that pattern. i have 0 idea how to fix it and me and "Death" have tried fixing this since i can even remember.

I've tried disabling superfetch.
I've Tried changing Vram.
I've Tried Reinstalling. (this worked to fix it in early this year, but since have tried reinstalling 2 times and it didnt fix)
I've tried dropping all settings, and dropping as low as nvidia control panel will let me.
I've tried changing priority of Osu! in task manager.
I've tried closing external programs The ONLY thing that many any relevant difference was Discord, and it still happened just less frequently.

Literally nothing work's, the thing that is mind boggling to me is that i never had this problem in 2018, and even when it first appeared i was like oh let me reinstall and it fixed, then it randomly popped back up like 2 months later and i hadn't done anything to provoke it.

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20191022 | Stable | EVERY SINGLE VERSION OF OSU!

Video of it happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLulVxGwISU
(if i need to get more i will.. its not like it doesnt happen every 5 mins.)
Nukes
Did you try turning it OFF and ON.
enneya
If you have the "Reduce dropped frames" setting enabled in-game, disable it. It does the opposite of what it's meant to

That's a possibility
Topic Starter
Jaws

Een Persoon wrote:

If you have the "Reduce dropped frames" setting enabled in-game, disable it. It does the opposite of what it's meant to

That's a possibility

I've Tried both, doesnt make any difference.