forum

Sleepy's Fall Knockout Tournament [STD][5k-30k & 30k-85k][CLOSED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
irollsleepy

Osu! It is time for another tournament! And why have just one when you can have TWO!? This is a friendly not-so-official tournament where we’re just in it for the fun so don’t take it too seriously. All matches other than the qualifying matches will be streamed live at twitch.tv/irollsleepy. Oh and by the way, the maps are pretty hard. You’ve been warned. ^_~

INFORMATION:

Team size: 1v1
mode: Osu!standard
Style: Score v2
Single Elimination Bracket
Best of 5 for the first 2 rounds, then best of 7 for the last 3 rounds
Rank limitation: There are TWO separate tournaments (we’re calling them Divisions) and they are broken up by rank as follows:
Upper Division: 5k-30k
Lower Division: 30k-85k

MAPPOOL:

There will be 4 sets of mappools, 2 for each division to be used exclusively within their own divisions and either in the best of 5 or best of 7 matches only.
Schedule / Bracket / Mappool (Google docs - view only)

SCHEDULE:

Registration open: October 13th, 2019
Registration close: October 19th, 2019 at 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)

All matches will be played on Sunday at 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM PST as follows:

Qualification match (if we have >16 players per Division): October 20th, 2019
Live drawing of the pairings: October 20th, 2019 @ 2:30 PM PST
Round 1 of Lower Division: October 27th, 2019
Round 1 of Upper Division: November 3rd, 2019
Round 2 of Both Divisions: November 10th, 2019
Round 3 of Both Divisions: November 17th, 2019
Finals and Match for 3rd for Both Divisions: November 24th, 2019

Joining the discord is mandatory for entering the tournament as that is where you will register. Replies to this thread will not count as registration. Watching, participating, and following the Twitch channel is recommended and appreciated. Join uuuusss~
Maximum Number of Contestants Per Division: 16 (totaling 32 players in all)

This is what your registration should look like in the discord tournament-registration-channel:
Osu Username : Sakul
Rank (at the time of registration): 19094
Statement: I hereby state that I have checked the schedule and affirm that I am available to play during all scheduled times. I understand that failure to show for my turn may result in my banning from future Sleepy Osu tournaments.

PRIZES FOR EACH DIVISION:

1st Place: Osu! Supporter for 1 month & Sleepy’s Hall of Fame entry & 2000 cookies (stream currency)
2nd Place: 1000 cookies (stream currency)
3rd Place: 500 cookies (stream currency)

Prize pool may increase in the event of donations during tournament time

MAP PROCEDURE:

Referee invites the players in the lobby and you have to be there within 5 minutes of your scheduled time or the match will be lost by default
-rolls (A > B)
- B bans first, then A bans after (best of 5)
-B bans one first, then A bans twice, then B bans one more (best of 7)
-A picks first, then B, then repeat
-best of 5 for Round 1 and Round 2, best of 7 from Round 3 onwards
-if someone disconnects in a map and reconnects within 60s the map will be replayed. Otherwise, the player loses the map. If the player doesn’t reconnect within 5 minutes, they will lose the match.

During freemod, you must pick either HR, HD, or both.

QUALIFIERS (if they happen):

Referee(s) invites players into the lobby at 10:00 AM PST on October 20th. You have to be there within 5 minutes or you will immediately be disqualified. 1 to 3 maps will be selected by the referee and the top 16 scores (with Score v2) amongst all participants will be qualified to compete.

Links:

Discord
Stream
Schedule / Bracket / Mappool (Google docs - view only)

Staff:

Host : irollsleepy
Organization : irollsleepy & Sakul
Commentator : irollsleepy & Sakul & BygyJoel & BillyBankai & eMViie
Referees : Sakul & BillyBankai & Lumber
Mappool : irollsleepy & Sakul & BillyBankai

If you are interested in joining the Staff as a Referee or have any questions, contact us via discord. (Note: You cannot be both a contestant and a Referee/Mappool selector).
BillyBaka
Kurogu
Who want on lower div?
oqwnM
Upper BO7 pool is way too hard, dunno what you're expecting from 5k players
BillyBaka
we wanted the maps to be hard .. thats all .. i have no doubt they pass those maps .. maybe not ez fc's but yeah :D