osu! Release (20120904/05)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sakura

boat wrote:

"Please see the osu! web site for more details."
Where?

Obviously related to the widescreen support update.
peppy disabled HD/HR on Taiko for the time being until it's fixed
Fluffy_old_1
I feel a little embarrassed since everyone has figured it out, but how exactly do I add a background to my osu! welcome screen? :O
Luna
From the opening post:

Add the file menu-background.jpg to your skin. It scales based on height first, then width if it cannot fill up the whole screen. The optimal resolution is 1366x768, supporting all widescreen resolutions. You *can* use higher than this, but please refrain from going higher than 1600x on publicly distributed skins, as it will impact performance of menu loading on lower-end machines.
HangaMaster
I think that this Taiko update fucked off the hidden gameplay...

Now is sooooo hard to play.
Fluffy_old_1
I tried adding a picture file to my skin folder and renamed it to menu-background.jpg but it didn't do anything when I open the client.
Luna
Did you add it to a specific skin or just into the "Skins" folder? Does your skin contain a working skin.ini? Do you have the correct skin selected?
UnderminE
Hmm, that's probably because you changed its name as "menu-background.jpg" ? Try naming it as " menu-background" since the picture you chose is already in jpg format.
(Sounds too stupid but some people do it)
Fluffy_old_1
Oh I figured it out. Nevermind Thanks ^_^
SnowReborn
These updates are good, how about auto retry on sudden death? since perfect mod has it, or it will be useless to have sudden death isn't it?
Ava
Let's say that I've changed my background today and my supporter tag expires on the next day. Will my background changed into normal again on the next day?(Sorryforthebadgrammar) :/
SnowReborn

Ava_Lanche wrote:

Let's say that I've changed my background today and my supporter tag expires on the next day. Will my background changed into normal again on the next day?(Sorryforthebadgrammar) :/
yes it will
Doodley
Could we see a possibility of alternating backgrounds in the future? As in, each time the menu loads, a different background cycles in. That'd just be even better.

Loving the customizable backgrounds, though.

Anzo
If this feature will also be available for former supporters T_T

oh well, nice update~~
UnderminE

UnderminE wrote:

So what is this BLACK NOTE
Sure

UnderminE wrote:

UnderminE wrote:

So what is this BLACK NOTE
t/96951/start=15
DJNightmare
Hey, about the taiko widescreen support

In the original game, there are 2 black spaces that are filled to stimulate the dons and kats coming out of it, and then "processed". You should add that as a skinning feature. It's just my opinion though, don't mind me D:
Makar

Doodley wrote:

Could we see a possibility of alternating backgrounds in the future? As in, each time the menu loads, a different background cycles in. That'd just be even better.

Loving the customizable backgrounds, though.

This
Also, being able to customize the buttons/logo would be nice
bwross
I like both these changes. I'd probably be more excited though if I was playing on a widescreen monitor... so changing the opening background image is considerably more limited for me.

And I really like having a more authentically long Taiko track. However, I'm not sure how much I'll actually use it as it is currently, because going all the way to the options to select a widescreen resolution just to play a Taiko diff in a set is a lot of work... it's more practical if I'm actually going to go into Taiko mode and play a bunch of songs (although playing with different track lengths might be jarring).
Sakisakan
well, i read a few pages of the thread looking for help, but couldn't find any real answers, i sound silly but i have no idea how i do this D::

Is it possible to do this to the default skin, cause that's what im trying, if so, what do i do then? :S
Luna

Sakisakan wrote:

well, i read a few pages of the thread looking for help, but couldn't find any real answers, i sound silly but i have no idea how i do this D::

Is it possible to do this to the default skin, cause that's what im trying, if so, what do i do then? :S
Just make a new skin that contains nothing but the main menu background and the skin.ini from the template skin, then use that. All missing elements will be automatically taken from the default skin.
Topic Starter
peppy
You don't even need a skin.ini!
Sakisakan
eee,i give up, i swear im doing it right Q_Q

I'll probably end up trying to do it like a week later and realize i was doing a stupid obvious mistake, but for now, i give up >.>
Hykisho
Ohmahgawd, thank you peppy. :D
Tsukasa
I honestly think that the menu background should be available to everyone and not just supporter.

It'd be unfair if non-supporters can't enjoy this
Topic Starter
peppy
Unfair in what way? It has no effect on any part of the game apart from visual customisation.
Lemonzii
in my viewpiont, if it's rly unfair to all non-supporter, ''supporter'' should be cancelled and it becomes meaningless .... we cant say it is fair or not
Tsukasa
It's unfair in a sense that non-supporters can't enjoy different backgrounds.

They'd be stuck with plain old blue, dull backgrounds. This kind of thing should be enjoyed by everyone, right
Topic Starter
peppy
you could take that to the next level and suggest all the supporter benefits were also made available to non-supporters. This doesn't work so well in my head.
Kurai

Tsukasa wrote:

I honestly think that the menu background should be available to everyone and not just supporter.

Giving the ability to change the menu background to supporters only is just a way to thanks them for supporting the game. Just like all other osu!supp features such as osudirect or the Yellow in-game nickname.
RBRat3

Kurai wrote:

Tsukasa wrote:

Giving the ability to change the menu background to supporters only is just a way to thanks them for supporting the game. Just like all other osu!supp features such as osudirect or the Yellow in-game nickname.
I still have yet to receive this feature "The warm and fuzzy feeling of doing your part to keep osu! running smoothly!" :P
HakuNoKaemi

Tsukasa wrote:

It's unfair in a sense that non-supporters can't enjoy different backgrounds.

They'd be stuck with plain old blue, dull backgrounds. This kind of thing should be enjoyed by everyone, right
Since this is the only problem, Palette changing the Menu shall be a good Idea, the menu have about 5 colors, and you won't change the logo, only their colours
Park-Hyun

Tsukasa wrote:

You can already customize the game to a great extent, so stop whining and buy a tag if this feature is so important to you.
Garygoh884
So instead of changing the main menu background, I decided to presave the new background image, so when I'm supporter I can use this feature.
Mithos
Question for peppy.

If I got supporter for one month, do I keep the ability to change the background if my supporter run out?
Andrea
No, you can customize your menu background only when you're supporter.
Jordan
Why can't it be like having an userpage?
Azusa-Nakano
It will be good if there is an option to reduce "osu!“ size
vipto

adg135876 wrote:

You just did not suggest that!!!!!!
Aldwych

adg135876 wrote:

You can do it in the options.
DevianteBrent
Well Played, Peppy.

NOW I NEED TO BE A SUPPORTER.

hard thing to do, I DONT HAVE A CREDIT CARD.
Luna

DevianteBrent wrote:

Well Played, Peppy.

NOW I NEED TO BE A SUPPORTER.

hard thing to do, I DONT HAVE A CREDIT CARD.
If you have a Paypal account, you can charge that with a bank transfer.
kegukegukegu
What's happening to my osu tonight? :? Failed connection = =
Topic Starter
peppy
My bad.
RBRat3
Someone tripped over the power cord... :)
Buccakazu
Wow Great :)
Dianshiro
Wow~ That's cool! I like it! XD
SoItSeemS
Is it supporter currently or in past too?
theowest
it's beautiful..
s ranker disc

peppy wrote:

That one is on my list, but requires a bit of optimisation first.
i have a lag issue i switch to open gl i use low end i put frame 2 unlimited whys it not going away? im useing a gd computer :!: :?: :)
Overlord12_old
I don't have too much money to become supporter :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Topic Starter
peppy
Locking thread as it seems to have come to the end of its useful service period :P.