forum

Playing ctb with one hand?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CatzerTM
I've recently decided to practice playing with one hand i was and still am curious how far can a player get and what boundaries can he/she brake with using just one hand. here's how i plan on setting this out

Index Finger: Right Numberpad4
Middle Finger: Dash Numberpad8
Ring Finger: Left Numberpad6

as far as it stands the highest i can go as now is between salad and Platter difficulty. what are your thoughts on this challenge
Kitsuka
It seems hard, honestly I think it's almost impossible to become a 2 digits while ONLY using this style of play.
XxduckpigxX
Uhhhhhh, for one hand (Right Hand) do:
Left/Index Finger: J
Right/Middle Finger: K
Dash/Thumb: Space Bar

This is probably more comfortable. But this seems very doable once you get the muscle memory down. Heck you could probably become single digit with it. SOURCE: 7k players in mania can pass 4k Galaxy Collapse with one hand, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCaFTo3J7A0
Zephirine
w
Nikolai
why tho
Topic Starter
CatzerTM

XxduckpigxX wrote:

Uhhhhhh, for one hand (Right Hand) do:
Left/Index Finger: J
Right/Middle Finger: K
Dash/Thumb: Space Bar

I think i'm fine. I tried it and found it a bit more challenging

Zephirine wrote:

No offence to mania players, but the essentials of 4ks
and 7k are the same. Hit the right key at the right time right? That isn't the case for ctb. The reason why most people play with two hands is because the function of both hands are different. You need very precise timing for both movement hand and dash hand in order to play at a high level. Playing with one hand will greatly limit this. You can notice as early as rains where dash control becomes more necessary.

Of course, in theory, you can reach 1 digit with any play style if you master it. But really, using one hand to play is objectively putting yourself at a great disadvantage. I'd doubt even top players can fc overdoses consistently with one hand only. Muscle memory will actually become a disadvantage if you switch from two hand to one hand as you are too used to one hand for left right and one hand for dash.

Before anyone mentions about the mouse only gameplay of some standard players, the reason why they can do that is that they are still only using two fingers to click, but using their whole hand for aim. For ctb, it's using 3 fingers on one hand which automatically makes it harder to control.

I'd seriously doubt anyone can reach even top 500 with this playstyle only. You're free to prove me wrong though.

I see however i'm not really aiming on getting to a high rank but i want to see how high i could get before it becomes near to impossible to continue. if i can atleast get around the level i am now i'll consider it a minor sucess

Nikolai wrote:

why tho

figured it would a decent challenge and experiment to try out