forum

Why do some songs get ranked/loved although their bpm is wrong?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Iced Out
I might also be wrong but according to my research „the deceit by fleshgod apocalypse“ has 113bpm and the osu level has 250-270bpm?
lewski
are you saying this is 113bpm? your research sounds super wrong
furry hater
i think they are saying that some songs are certain bpm, but go high. like this. the song, goes up to 300 bpm, but it doesn't "affect" the gameplay. it's mainly 210 bpm, even though according to tunebat, the song's 105 bpm. this is usual when mappers try to change the slider velocity, but it's not right for them.
lewski

Sombez wrote:

this is usual when mappers try to change the slider velocity, but it's not right for them.

No, it's not. You can get any slider velocity you'll ever need without changing the bpm.
ah shit

lewski wrote:

Sombez wrote:

this is usual when mappers try to change the slider velocity, but it's not right for them.

No, it's not. You can get any slider velocity you'll ever need without changing the bpm.

bpm does affect slider velocity, you don't have to use it, but people do this mostly so they won't have to be making ridiculous large multipliers for their inherited timing points
UnnamedBeast

Sombez wrote:

i think they are saying that some songs are certain bpm, but go high. like this. the song, goes up to 300 bpm, but it doesn't "affect" the gameplay. it's mainly 210 bpm, even though according to tunebat, the song's 105 bpm. this is usual when mappers try to change the slider velocity, but it's not right for them.

its probably mapped at 210bpm so you don't have to map it with 1/8's
Nao Tomori
105 and 210 r musicaly the same imo
Juuuuuuuuul
lewski

ah shit wrote:

lewski wrote:

Sombez wrote:

bpm does affect slider velocity, you don't have to use it, but people do this mostly so they won't have to be making ridiculous large multipliers for their inherited timing points

I know bpm affects slider velocity, I never said it didn't. All I'm saying is that absolutely no one who has the slightest idea what they're doing uses bpm changes to change sv.