forum

osu! minecraft server

posted
Total Posts
show more
whymeman
Well, i'm just making this map for the time being till 1.5.0 comes out. I thought maybe adding a few features could make it interesting for the server in a case of a map restart. But that's if it's "okay" to use.
kwakkevin

whymeman wrote:

Well, i'm just making this map for the time being till 1.5.0 comes out. I thought maybe adding a few features could make it interesting for the server in a case of a map restart. But that's if it's "okay" to use.
If you mean osucraft could use your WIP map, all I have to say as the map tester is that I wouldn't want people to use a sword that has thorn enchantment :n
whymeman
Well, it's still an "experimental" thing i'm trying out :u
PROGUY
Odd, I can't connect to this server because it's outdated :/
kwakkevin

PROGUY wrote:

Odd, I can't connect to this server because it's outdated :/
That's because it is outdated.
Current server version is 1.4.5. I believe we are waiting for 1.5 and then we will start a new map from scratch.
PROGUY
Well, I managed to get into the server by downloading the 1.4.5 version with MultiMC. It was pretty fun, even though I'm forever alone in there.

First thoughts, you guys did a nice job building a giant castle/fortress to the left of the spawn building.

Second thought... what the hell is THAT? It makes me wonder why the heck you guys would go that far sometimes :|

I guess I'll just stop right there. I did actually make my own house in the server not far from the fortress, but it wasn't worth going any further. I'll wait for the map wipe and the upcoming update.
kwakkevin
That castle, credit goes to buttersea, Markie_, and a few more people known as Valhallans back when towny wasn't broken.
And I forgot what they called the floating house thing. whymeman told me once and I forgot :u

Btw, anyone know if we are still up for that fresh map start thing?
Jinxy
It isn't an "up for" thing, I feel it's completely necessary due to how our Nether is very explored, unless we move the spawn up 10k blocks or something. A fresh map would make it easier for new people to join in too, I think. It's just that we need more people who have the time to maintain the server and check mod compatibilty with bukkit betas or it'll just die out again when it becomes outdated.
FrzR
When the Server gets to 1.5, is the server still for premium users?
kwakkevin

JInxyjem wrote:

It isn't an "up for" thing, I feel it's completely necessary due to how our Nether is very explored, unless we move the spawn up 10k blocks or something. A fresh map would make it easier for new people to join in too, I think. It's just that we need more people who have the time to maintain the server and check mod compatibilty with bukkit betas or it'll just die out again when it becomes outdated.
Well I also think it's necessary in order to revive the near-dead server.
I'm willing to do the plugin compatibility thing if needed, seeing how eph is usually busy with his work.

Fr33z3R wrote:

When the Server gets to 1.5, is the server still for premium users?
All minecraft games (or the typical versions that the most people play) have been/are/will be for premium users only, unless you find a way to get around the security.
There used to be minshafter, but the dev team dropped the project. I think it still works, but who knows if it still will work after 1.5 update.
whymeman
So it would be best to pay for the official copy just that one time for that account since that's all you have to do. There's no monthly payments or time frames to deal with as far as I know and you won't have to worry about mineshafter breaking or failing after a major update.

As for the new map thing, i'd rather go for it since updating without doing so at this point is useless. There's been enough major updates without a map restart at this point to take advantage of them.

Edit: Just to show some fun stuff I was making.

The the WIP apartment in the mini-city (supplied with redstone power for lighting)

Working power plant [that won't explode on you].
kwakkevin

whymeman wrote:

Working power plant [that won't explode on you].

Also is the server down permanently? I tried checking dynmap and got this:
whymeman
I'm getting the same webpage search error too. Did something happen with the server?
Stefan
I don't know. I've tried to check it some days ago and it was offline. :/
Corin
mfw whyme is on one of the servers I manage.

Did not expect.
MillonzKub
oh nice a server :)
kwakkevin
Just checked and confirmed the server is back online. But I think it's still outdated.
Sakura
If there's a map restart on the latest update i might come back, i miss playing minecraft
OnosakiHito

Sakura wrote:

If there's a map restart on the latest update i might come back, i miss playing minecraft
Stefan
To not only quote Sakura's post I write something before but

Sakura wrote:

Alex311360
WAS going to join the server and introduced with this:

ppy plz update the server, I don't want to downgrade :c
whymeman
I've been looking into the release date of 1.5, but there's no ETA for when. I would place a guess around late March or early in April since they are "secretly" going to release it. I guess there's a lot more to be expected than the new redstone features (and bug fixes). Still, it feels good in a way that they are taking their time to work on the update to avoid major breaks like the previous 1.4.x builds.
kwakkevin
http://www.mojang.com/2013/03/minecraft-redstone-update-pre-release/
Looks like the 1.5 release date is March 13th.
Except that doesn't mean bukkit build will be released by then, so I would say a few days after that.
Kert
Aaaand 1.5 is out~
whymeman
NaomiMinette
Funny how they forgot to mention the snow 1/8 slabs, but anyway...

Brb, making up new minigames.
Corin

osu!craft 2 slo

we bukkit 1.5 already
Jinxy
...MafiaScum? How does that work?
OnosakiHito
Time to join.
Corin

JInxyjem wrote:

...MafiaScum? How does that work?
It's just the Minecraft server for the MafiaScum community.
OnosakiHito
Someone really need to update the first post and the server it-self as well.
Links are missing.
theowest
this topic just got moved to the rightful forum! o:

I guess this topic t/20258 could remain dead now, and this be the current minecraft discussion topic.
whymeman
The only big question now is the possibility for a fresh start on the server.
NaomiMinette
Well... I have no idea how much progress you all made prior to 1.5, but at the very least the Nether will most likely have to be reset due to Nether Quartz.
Jinxy

whymeman wrote:

The only big question now is the possibility for a fresh start on the server the server to be maintained, and by who.
Ours was still 1.4.5 when there's a recommended for 1.4.7, soooooo...
whymeman
Honestly speaking, I wish I knew more about how the minecraft coding works to take on the task. It seems easy when I played with it a bit, but I still fall short with that part and a few other things.
Jinxy
Well, tried to make an auto cow cooker and I guess I succeeded.

There's a cow breeder at the top with a 1 block high hole so only babies can go through, which drops them into a holding chamber for them to grow. Every afternoon, lava or crushers will be activated to kill any grown cows depending on whether you want steak raw (trading) or cooked (food). The drops then get sucked into hoppers and into the chest.

Only problem is that changing the state from raw to cooked while the killing mechanism is on will fuck it up (e.g. lava is on every time except the afternoon, or the lava buckets just pop out of the dispenser), but fixing that will probably make the thing like 2x larger, and I was trying for a more compact cooker.

V1 was a design that had lava on for the whole day and only switched off momentarily for baby cows to fall in without burning up via them activating tripwires, but that didn't work because those little fuckers kept jumping up and down into the lava.

I would take pictures of the wiring, but I spent so much time trying to compact it that I'd probably take another 10 pictures to fully show it, so if anyone's interested, I could send the save file. The cooker is 8x8x8.
whymeman

I'd say I've finished roughly 20% of the planned building site.....

Also, awesome invention JInxyjem. Now we can barbeque all day, every day. :u
Jinxy
Disregard previous post, I made one that doesn't shit itself when changed while is killing mechanism is on, and it's 8 wide, 7 long. Cheated a little widthwise by putting some redstone underground.

I feel so accomplished right now

Pictures/Semi-tutorial

I like how the perspective makes V3 look like twice bigger than V2, when it's the same size
StevenDANK
Peppy, update the server so I can play too :3
show more