forum

Inconsistencies between drain time in-game & on site

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jelljel
Hey smol question here (idk if something similar has been posted here & 2 lazy to check) but I made a map with an insane as lowest diff but the drain time differs between in-game & on the site. In-game it displays properly as 4:16 but on the site it says 3:55.

As for rankability goes, which drain time is usually looked upon since creating a hard will kinda lose the progressive difficulty I used for my insane which will then make it overlap some bit with a pure hard diff which i don't really want.

A conclusion for maybe a reason it is like that is cause at 3:55 there's a pretty long sound in the song that goes till the ending at 4:16 and thus i added a 20 sec long spinner, the length may seem to be the cause, since when i map the sound with a slider both in-game and site will say the drain is 3:55.

Soo is this allowed within rankable terms since it's really only the drain time on the site which is affected while it still follows the rc with it's rules regarding the lowest diff.

If u wanna check out urself here's the link https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1036876
Serizawa Haruki
The drain time stated on the website doesn't matter because it doesn't include the duration of the last slider/spinner, it's just a bug on the website. The length in the upper left corner in-game refers to the play time, not the drain time. The difference between the two is that play time is the duration from the first object in the map until the last one, including breaks within the map. However, breaks are not included in the drain time, so if your map is 4:16 long and it doesn't have any breaks, you don't need a Hard diff for the spread.
Topic Starter
Jelljel
Yeah already thought so, had a really short break which is removed now so now it's truly 4:16.

tyty