forum

Custom Sliderball Issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OrangeC7
I'm trying to make a sliderball for my own personal use, but when I use it in game it doesn't roll properly and appears to slide across the slider. I've tried searching for the issue on the forums but it doesn't seem like anyone else has had this issue before. A link to a skin with just the sliderball in it is here.
Matt2e2
Maybe the animation is too slow? Try messing around with AnimationFramerate (in skin.ini under [General]) and see if that fixes it.
Topic Starter
OrangeC7
I haven't done that yet because I thought AnimationFramerate didn't affect the sliderball. (That's what the skin.ini page on here said, anyways)
Matt2e2

OrangeCreeper wrote:

I haven't done that yet because I thought AnimationFramerate didn't affect the sliderball. (That's what the skin.ini page on here said, anyways)

Ah, my bad (I didn't experiment with it at all in the past, and I thought it would make sense if the sliderball was affected by that value too). I suppose another method of getting the same effect would be deleting some frames (for example: every 2nd frame). Although, this affects the animation destructively so make sure you have a backup or something like that.
Topic Starter
OrangeC7

Matt2e2 wrote:

I suppose another method of getting the same effect would be deleting some frames (for example: every 2nd frame).

So actually I tried doubling the number of frames by copying the frames I already had, and that somewhat solves the problem. It speeds up the animation for sure, but on some maps the sliderball still acts weird. I wonder if this is all an issue with osu! not being good at adjusting the speed of the sliderb animation in the first place?
Matt2e2

OrangeCreeper wrote:

So actually I tried doubling the number of frames by copying the frames I already had, and that somewhat solves the problem. It speeds up the animation for sure, but on some maps the sliderball still acts weird. I wonder if this is all an issue with osu! not being good at adjusting the speed of the sliderb animation in the first place?

I don't know for sure. But animated sliderb was a thing since public beta so i suppose it's bound to have some bugs.