forum

I should have went into IB.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ashton
I’m fine with most kids in my classes but, let me tell you something, there is no other “smart kid” in any of my classes. I’m taking Advanced Geography and it is such an easy class. It’s not hard, just a lot of fucking work. Within the first two weeks of the semester we had already submitted three essays, and now we had to label and colour four maps which was super time consuming and redundant. The kids are not bad or obnoxious (except for the fuckers at the back of the class) but there’s not the “other one” you know? I haven’t gotten into an argument about the right answer at all... last year my crush was this person. She went into IB this year, and I’m sure that IB programs (correct me if I’m wrong) have more competent students. Math is the only class I’m thinking. Next semester I get French and art (two of my favourite subjects) so it should be better but god damn I’m gonna make sure to take some hard classes next year.. they aren’t dumb, but no ambitious student like me...

Edit: The only class I’m struggling in is choir. Having no prior experience in reading sheet music it gives me head aches. Also, not being able to sing to top that off...
Unpredictable
IB, like the International Baccalaureate program?
keremaru
yes
Topic Starter
Ashton

Unpredictable wrote:

IB, like the International Baccalaureate program?

Yes
Unpredictable
oh, ok well I just graduated from a school with the IB program and took a couple IB classes myself so lemme put it like this.

IB for me felt like a waste of time. the only thing I really took anything out of it are some interesting philosophy concepts and making some good friends with some of the teachers. but really, the classes aren't very hard but just very demanding when it comes to work. if you have enough willpower to just bang out work and don't mind the amount of work with it, then fuck it. take as many as you want and get some college credit or w/e when you graduate, but i didn't value it all that much and it really felt like a waste of time most days. i wish you luck, i'm sure you'll do fine if you do plan to take more IB classes, just be prepared for the IB exams when the time comes.
Topic Starter
Ashton
[url][/url]

Unpredictable wrote:

oh, ok well I just graduated from a school with the IB program and took a couple IB classes myself so lemme put it like this.

IB for me felt like a waste of time. the only thing I really took anything out of it are some interesting philosophy concepts and making some good friends with some of the teachers. but really, the classes aren't very hard but just very demanding when it comes to work. if you have enough willpower to just bang out work and don't mind the amount of work with it, then fuck it. take as many as you want and get some college credit or w/e when you graduate, but i didn't value it all that much and it really felt like a waste of time most days. i wish you luck, i'm sure you'll do fine if you do plan to take more IB classes, just be prepared for the IB exams when the time comes.

Can you tell me more of what IB exams are like? Is it something I should be worried about if I go into Ib? How different is it from AP?
roshan117
my school has no IB classes so i never really got to know the program

just seems kinda like AP courses tho, which most ppl take just for the gpa boost
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I’m a full IB student here and I regret every single decision that I made. It’s a waste of time and you could gain many more credits by doing other stuff
Westonini
skool sux
Topic Starter
Ashton
Going into IB would also mean transferring schools... I think I’ll just stick with AP courses then. I don’t like being restricted
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Good choice
Unpredictable

Ashton wrote:

Can you tell me more of what IB exams are like? Is it something I should be worried about if I go into Ib?

im not too experience with the Math exams since i dropped out of it but I remember hearing from friends that it was quite hard. if you have a good grasp with calculus I think you'll be ok. As for english, I'm a lot better talking about it since I actually took it. It was a 2-day process and we had to write 2 big essays. One essay on one day and the second essay on the second day. I believe the first essay we did was comparing two articles basically. The second paper was about the books we've read over the entire year and answering one out of six prompts, having the knowledge from the book. that's honestly all i know, but i wouldnt fret over it too much if you feel like IB is easy. just make sure to pay attention in class is all :)
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Well, IB is easy if you know what class to choose. I, being a dumbass, chose 4 HLs class and 3 of them are HL Calculus, HL History, and HL Chemistry