forum

How do I alternate faster?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
clay53
I've never single tapped (with the keyboard) before so that may play a role in it. Approx, 3-4 days of my playtime is either single tapping with the mouse or tapping with my tablet pen (I know). As soon as I switched to keyboard, I've been full alternating because that's what I was told to do. However, I can't move my fingers fast enough. It's not that I can't match the BPM (well kind of yes), it's that I can't go fast enough. I've been doing stream practice maps for 6 hours (unranked) and trying to play more stream maps when playing normally. Is there a better way to improve finger speed other than just playing stream maps?

(Divide by 4 for 1/16 notes/streams - 139.5 BPM - http://www.beatsperminuteonline.com/)
UnnamedBeast
full alternating isn't necessary, you can singletap and only alternate when streams or bursts or triples appear

up your speed by playing maps with fast bursts (small streams) like for you maybe 180-200bpm bursts if you can, and then go up in bpm (goreshit songs mapped by grumd are pretty good for practicing bursts)

up your actual speed by then practicing stamina up to the speed you can burst

so if you can burst up to 210bpm practice stamina on 130 until you can do it forever and go up 5 by 5 or 10 by 10, depends on whether you can do the next bpm by increasing it by 10 or not, and you do this until 210bpm in this example

you should focus on getting as much accuracy as humanly possible when doing these long stream practice maps or you'll be mashing the keyboard and not actually playing to the song

also don't be lazy while warming up to practice stamina, you need to practice this everyday

if you feel any sudden strong pains in your forearms stop because you'll get injured, if it's light pain push through it

rest after every pass, don't play bpms you can't pass the map and always try to play the map that's hardest to pass but that you can pass

i also recommend doing pushups when you're resting in between passes because it warms up your hands even faster in my experience
Topic Starter
clay53
I don't full alternate because I think it's "the best method". I just never practiced singletapping so I find it easier. I'll try what you suggested, thanks for the response.
FDllDum
if u began with full alternativ and it feel more natural to you, stay alternate.
UnnamedBeast said that cause he tought u were forcing yourself to alternate (and in this case it would be bad lul)

as for ur question, i don't think there is a better method than playing stream pratice maps, and stream maps
the only thing that matter is time, just continue to do what you're doing (with moderation, don't play streams pratice maps to much, you're gonna burn out) go to sleep and after a month or 2 u'll be able to do higher bpm streams