forum

Is copying timing points beatmap stealing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Iced Out
The title basically says it all, because this way it would be faster to create maps and since the song doesnt change i would have to put these exact timing points with bpm changes anyways.
tatatat
Is copying timing points beatmap stealing? No. The timing points are an extension of the song, not player generated content in my opinion. The timing should always be the same, unless the timer purposefully mistimed the song to make unrankable gimmicks. This is also why timers don't get to be in the tags of the map. You can take the timing from any ranked map and use it on your own map without permission. It'd be nice to give the timer a headsup, but you don't have to.
realy0_
also wrong section ?
Topic Starter
Iced Out

tatatat wrote:

Is copying timing points beatmap stealing? No. The timing points are an extension of the song, not player generated content in my opinion. The timing should always be the same, unless the timer purposefully mistimed the song to make unrankable gimmicks. This is also why timers don't get to be in the tags of the map. You can take the timing from any ranked map and use it on your own map without permission. It'd be nice to give the timer a headsup, but you don't have to.

ok nice, thanks :)