forum

Possibility to disable a new feature [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
HOLYWINNER
I'm talking about the feature that make you see the profile of a person in-game when you click on his name, I like it but my comp isn't good enough to support it and it take about 5-10 seconds for it to show up and when I want to start a chat with someone I don't like waiting to see info I don't care about.
Marcin
It's more like your internet fault than your PC, but still it'd be good to be able to disable this function <for me: i'd leave it on>
Sakura

chan wrote:

7. Don't request a toggle for disabling [insert new feature here] unless you want peppy to come to your house with a baseball bat.
Gonzvlo

HOLYWINNER wrote:

and when I want to start a chat with someone I don't like waiting to see info I don't care about.
Well, in order to solve this specific problem you could type /chat [username], this won't open the info window.
Azure_Kite
That's not a solution, that's a workaround.

I think this is better off in bug reports, though, as its due to the web layer requiring that it's loaded before the game is accessible again that this stutter is encountered. A toggle could actually be warranted for those on slow connections.

Especially considering this also annoys me :)
MillhioreF
Sometimes that happens for me but usually it's just a blank area for a few seconds until it's loaded, no lag... it might be the same thing, look around other topics
palion
I agree with the OP, maybe the info might be useful occasionally, but I believe it's more of a hindrance most of the time because it causes 2-4 seconds of lag (when viewing a new player). I think it would be better & less taxing for the osu! client to just fetch the information (kudosu, interests, age, etc.) and display it with in game components (like labels) or something rather than the web browser component. The lag is probably from rendering the css and fetching the profile picture again, which is redundant since it's already displayed on the top left corner.

Just my 2 cents.
TheVileOne
Please let us disable this. I get 1 FPS waiting for it to open for the first time and it takes like 5 seconds to load.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
mosluv
Takes 10 seconds here.

VoidnOwO
:oops:
MillhioreF
If this happened just once, then screw it, 5 seconds is nothing, But even if it's only once, that's 5 seconds per osu! boot for who knows how many users... that's a lot of time added up. That being said, I never experience this problem myself, so I think it has something to do with bad internet connection somehow.
TheVileOne
It should be 0. All I want it to chat with people. I shouldn't have to wait for data I don't care about to open. When I open a browser for the first time, its the same thing, it takes forever to open. So basically several times a night I have to wait for osu to get data so i can do things in the user interface.
Saten
This is bugging me too.
You sure this can't be fixed rather than disabling?
theowest
This should rather be FIXED than DISABLED. What if you're given a choice to view the web profile in-game, so at first glance you don't have to worry about lag and possibly press a "Load web profile" button.

C'mon people. We shouldn't disable features, we should help improve them.