forum

[Archived] Where are osu! songs stored?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ignitone
My friend recently lost all his stuff due to a hard drive failure. I was just going to send him my songs, because it's easier than him downloading all of them again, but when I go to my osu folder in Roaming, all I see is:
Cache, files, logs, screenshots, client, client.db-shm, client.db-wal, framework, and game.

None of them are OBVIOUSLY beatmaps or songs, and when I open Cache, all I see is fonts. When I open files, all I see are different folders named 0-9 and a-f. And nothing useful in logs either (Database, network, performance, runtime, and updated.)

So how do I go about sending him my songs so he can get back to clicking circles?

And yes, we're both aware he can just download his songs again, but now even if he does do that, I am curious where the maps are stored to make them portable for things like this.
Elanie
The osu! songs are stored in the osu! folder's Songs subfolder. The osu! folder I was referring to is not in Roaming but Local (in C:\users\<pc username>\AppData\)

1. Right-click the osu! shortcut on your desktop or start menu if any.
2. Open file location.
3. Scroll up to a folder called Songs (that's where the downloaded songs - beatmap data, mp3, background video are stored)

Hope this helps :D
Death
For reference, you are looking at lazer's storage, not the current client.

You can also just open osu! and hit the "Open osu! folder" button in the options menu to be brought directly to wherever you have the game installed.
Zeus-
Hi ShinithTV!

Your beatmaps or songs are not in the folder in Roaming file, you should find the place where your game is installed. If I remember correctly, the default location should be in Program Files, I'd suggest try looking there first. Sorry this was referring to an old client. There's an informative wiki page in that regard, explaining further: https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/osu!_Program_Files
You may also right click your osu! shortcut then click "Open File Location", your main files should be stored in there (Screenshots, Replays, Songs etc.)

Hopefully this will resolve your issue, have a nice day!
calluhm
mate has anyone found a fucking fix.
im hnot here for laughs and giggles im fuming atm.
NeoSilvius
C:\Users<PC user>\AppData\Local\osu!/Songs