Total Posts
Topic Starter
CCleanerShot
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Discord        Twitch        GoogleDoc

In case discord hyperlink breaks: https://discord.gg/HMxu7EY

   

Quick Match Procedures

1. 1 standard qualifiers, consisting of several lobbies over a week
  2. 1 Non-traditional qualifiers, a mix between a 1v1 and qualifiers (details below)
  3. 1 standard bracket, taking in the Top 6/12 of the 1st 2 results (format below)

All matches can be rescheduled to a requested date.

As you may expect, this tournament entails the RelaxMod, containing 2 qualifiers (one of them acting as a mix of a 1v1) and an eventual bracket. I've made the rank range very wide because I don't have much data to work on, but the minimum skill of the players is expected to be around 50k. The format has been unintentionally unique, so I will have most of the details in the discord. I'll still give an overview in this post in the matches section (below) for those interested.

Tournament is expected to start around the 1st week of October, or October 5th.

All registrations take place in the discord! Once you are there, check the #registration tab and just link your profile there.
Here: https://discord.gg/HMxu7EY

The mappool will consist of 6-8* testing varies aim skills, such as speed, flow, and raw aim. Do note that the wide star rating range is due to streams, as tap SR is not removed when you put RX on a map (like 240bpm streams still being the same SR on RX)

As of 9/7, there
The Mappool Will Contain:
  1. 3 [FM] Freemod
  2. 2 [HR] HardRock
  3. 2 [DT] DoubleTime
  4. 2 [HD] Hidden
  5. 1 [TB] Tiebreaker

This final section will be very in-depth on match procedures, so if you don't care, you can stop reading here. Also, all times listed here may change depending on circumstances/reschedules. Check the discord to see if they happen.

1. Qualifiers

Qualifiers will happen on 2 occasions, with the first taking a traditional format, with the next one being a bit new, and quite unique (if you want to know the reason why, I'm using this tournament to test this new qualifier setup).

The 1st qualifiers will take place between September 29th - October 5th, with "default time" lobbies taking place on October 4/5 18-21UTC. The default time is pretty much for people who don't care what exact time they play their qualifiers. Once you arrive in a lobby at a desired time, you will just play the maps in order. On modded picks, you will be forced to play with the required mod + RX (obviously) and your results will be recorded. Tiebreaker will not be used in qualifiers, but will instead be used for the first 2 matches coming into bracket.

The 2nd qualifiers will take place between October 6th - 12th, with "default time" lobbies taking place on October 11/12 18-21UTC. The unique take on this qualifiers is that though it will work just like a regular qualifiers (where your scores are compared to the other players instead of just one), but players paired against each other will ban/pick maps before the actual match, meaning that in this next qualifiers, you won't not replay all the maps again, but instead maps from the mappool that the players choose. Also in this different setup, you will earn bonus points for your seed score if you perform better than your opponent on maps. In this 2nd qualifiers, players may choose to have different schedules and play like the 1st qualifiers (playing the maps chosen), or play on the same date and go head-to-head.

After playing the qualifiers, your seed will be determined overall by your performances compared to the rest of the players, your performance over ur opponent in 2nd qualifiers, and a bit of your current rank. To give some reference, if there are 32 total players, and on the 3 FM picks you do better than everyone (1st place), you get 31 points for each of those maps.

Here is the formula I'll be using:
(Rank over Peers x 3) + (Performance over Peers in 1st Qualifiers) + (Performance Over Peers In 2nd Qualifiers) + (2 for every time you beat your opponent on a map) = Seed

2. Bracket

After this, the Top 6/12 Seeds(depending on size of sign-ups) will be moved into a Single-Elimination bracket, with the Top 2/4 Seeds enjoying a Double-Elimination experience. If you have no idea what this setup is, it is directly taken from League Of Legends LEC Playoffs Bracket, where the Top 2/4 Seeds will immediately play against each other, with the loser not being eliminated, but instead moved directly to Semi-Finals. The rest of the seeds in this setup will experience a normal single-elim bracket, with a single loss kicking them out of the tournament (this setup was done so all players receives decent competition throughout the bracket, without there being too many stomps). Matches are expected to be played weekly, but reschedules may vary this.

The matches will be played to a best of 7, on the following match setup:

Acronym: RX!
Team Mode: Head to Head
Win Condition: Score
Freemod: Disabled

warmups are optional, pick/ban will be determined by !roll (roll winner = 1st ban/pick). Reschedules are expected during bracket, though players can choose to play on default time if they want.

Quick Q/A

Q: Are there prizes?
A: No, as this tournament is actually an event in a collection of something called NF! Side Events (previous ones included sightread FL, battle royales, and speedmapping) that are meant to be less competitive than an actual tournament. Often times, there will be no cash prizes unless becomes big enough.

Q: How long is the tournament is going to last?
A: The expected date is 2 weeks/1 month, depending on how long you last in the tournament.

Q: Where are the maps?
A: Currently they are still a WIP, so if you would like to test potential mappool maps, we can currently doing so in the discord. Ask in #discussion for maps and I'll eventually DM you a sample size.

Q: Why have you set the rank range so wide?
A: Usually I have my side events have a no rank limit to allow as many players to enjoy, but for events like this, there obviously has to be some limit. I still want many players to just come and enjoy some RX competition, so I've made the range wide.

Q: Why don't you use max combo as winning condition instead of score?
A: It isn't that interesting, trust me. At least from some testing.

Q: Will the games be streamed?
A: I plan for the bracket matches to be streamed, though I have no idea if I will stream the qualifiers.

Q: Will you do future relax tournaments?
A: If this gets enough attention, ya. Otherwise, its just an event for the dozen in my discord who have been begging for this event for months.

Q: If this is a side event, what's the main event?
A: A 5 digit high-SR tournament on a majority-freemod mappool playable on scorev1. I have plans for a 4 digit sub-version of it next year, but here is the link to the current tournament: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/917267

Q: Where is the challonge?
A: Due to the unique format of the bracket, challonge is unfortunately unable to support this setup. I'll have the bracket visualized and done in the google doc above.

Q: Where are the ref/mappool selectors/staff listings?
A: cba to list them, they have their roles in the discord if you want to check.
HeyPeter
Hey, is it going to happen on 2021?