forum

[Archived] "Delete ALL VISIBLE beatmaps"just for hiden

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
shtml123
Problem details:
When I wanna delete some maps (Group:by mode),choose "delete ALL VISIBLE beatmaps",no anything be delete,and I can not see these maps what I choose.
But when I press F5 to refresh list of MAPS,these maps(they are should be delete) comeback.
So I think this choose(Delete ALL VISIBLE beatmaps),just hiden the maps what I choose or it just work for maps list(but not for My Disk).

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20190828.2 (latest)
DeletedUser_13902476
i'm pretty sure that option is just there as a joke, if you want your maps gone just delete them from the songs folder and clear the recycling bin.
AppData\Local\osu!\Songs
xenal

Yes i am ziggy wrote:

i'm pretty sure that option is just there as a joke

This option is supposed to work

Additionnaly, can you try to filter maps using search tool instead of grouping by typing "mode=taiko" and then delete all visible? I also had similar issues with grouping way back (and forgot how I had it fixed or if I fixed it in the first place)
Topic Starter
shtml123

Yes i am ziggy wrote:

i'm pretty sure that option is just there as a joke

I think this option is not a joke,because it's worked 2month ago(or more early).

xenal wrote:

Additionnaly, can you try to filter maps using search tool instead of grouping by typing "mode=taiko" and then delete all visible? I also had similar issues with grouping way back (and forgot how I had it fixed or if I fixed it in the first place)

"mode=taiko" is good.It's worked.
Thank you very much :D
Death
The "Delete all visible beatmaps" button has worked this way for as long as I remember. It's to the point where I'm not even sure if it is expected functionality any more, but I think there might be a confirmed issue for it if it's not.
huggu
From what I can see even though it does "delete" the beatmaps, and you can see them in your recycle bin. but even after clearing the bin, it will comeback. So I'd assume its not really working properly.
But even then it is questionable if it actually deletes the beatmaps because only the .osu file got deleted, doesn't that mean you will then have a bunch of song folders with no beatmap and just sitting there wasting your storage space?
Death
Yeah, I think you just end up with a bunch of song folders with audio files in them just taking up space. Again, this has been like this for an extremely long amount of time.