forum

Change "Failed" folder location [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Winshley
I'm not sure if anyone have posted this yet, as I tried searching about it.

Basically change the "Failed" folder location out from "Songs" folder into the same folder as osu! is located. Going by default osu! installation folder, I'm suggesting to change from C:\Program Files\osu!\Songs\Failed\ into C:\Program Files\osu!\Failed\ instead.

This is annoying for WinXP users who has a lot of beatmaps (like me), as navigating into Songs folder takes a while since it tries to load all folders before you can go to the Failed folder. I don't really like navigating the folder by typing on the address bar manually. I always had this issue when trying to import a beatmap with ridiculously long Artist+Title name combinations (this is one of the example).
blissfulyoshi
If the failed song was recent, shouldn't it be on top if you sort by date.
If you sort alphabetically, wouldn't the folder be near the bottom since most downloaded maps have the number in front.

Your reasoning seems a little poor imo. The current position makes sense to me since it is a failed song, not a general list of things that failed in osu!. As a result, I think it belongs in the song folder.
Topic Starter
Winshley

Winshley wrote:

This is annoying for WinXP users who has a lot of beatmaps (like me), as navigating into Songs folder takes a while since it tries to load all folders before you can go to the Failed folder.
Emphasizing this...

I downloaded all Ranked and Approved beatmaps, plus some unranked maps. It takes me a whole minute before all folders are shown.
Rei Hakurei

Winshley wrote:

Emphasizing this...

I downloaded all Ranked and Approved beatmaps, plus some unranked maps. It takes me a whole minute before all folders are shown.
no, it's regarding your computer performance and any HDD yours. i use winXP anyway.
Topic Starter
Winshley

Rei_Fan49 wrote:

no, it's regarding your computer performance and any HDD yours. i use winXP anyway.
That only affects very slightly. I have like... 22000+ maps already. :?
peppy
As a temporary solution, you can create a shortcut to the failed folder and access it directly.
Topic Starter
Winshley
Not when I'm using External HDD, where I always have to change drive letters when I want to play on different computers.
Rei Hakurei

Winshley wrote:

Not when I'm using External HDD, where I always have to change drive letters when I want to play on different computers.
i use flashdisk to play osu! .
i don't care about drive letters.
just do it with batch like
failure.bat
@echo off
explore songs\failed

(actually, many way to do this. many. just find it out.)